• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So I'm thinking about a SxS.....

Re:

**** no. I saw them and couldn't believe how much they were lol. I understand the engineering and manufacturing it takes, and demand is probably fairly low. Cool concept, and a good way to gain a little gear reduction.

I will be driving it like it is for quite a while, then comes lift, forward arms, and 30's. Gotta get that clearance so I can keep up with them rock rigs! Bahaha

This is about what I have in mind and one of the tire choices I have in mind.....unless bradley drake makes me a serious deal on some ole dusty terms. Lol

f63b471fe8e9bbd9b8f090588728a219.jpg

I'm really just not that impressed with truck style tires like that.for what I foresee my utv wheeling style being.

I love the Intimidators
89ed8db9f9713566d474853176e0b13b.jpg

Also the outback max
b461fabb2eb14d4f2367658bf4310838.jpg

and the Moto MTC, it's kind of like a Bighorn on steroids.
50d63b458ceaa7e3a19edbc991f24669.jpg

1c03462fd5138790bcf8dd9c7f153f81.jpg

Those are just the ones I really like as of now. My mind may change when the time comes to buy a set. I know I want something that rides fairly smooth for riding roads around my house. But want some dig tires for loose stuff. I just don't see a whole lot of badass rock crawling going on to warrant stickies on a sxs. I'm not gonna be racing or attempting the rock trails I used to hit in the yota, just wheeling around behind everybody, taking bypass trails and such. That's the idea anyway. Plus I don't want to get to the point of breaking stock axles....remember the whole thing here is to have something I can ride, wash, put up, repeat.

I have a coworker selling one. Pretty nice, he takes care of all his junk, that is why he never lets me borrow anything.

https://memphis.craigslist.org/snw/5375621231.html

I'd still go with the new 570. If you beat him down that much, he is desperate and it throws up flags. A mud bike can easily be cleaned up to sell. Those miles/hrs average up to 9 mph, which could be ranch hours or low range mud hours.

Thats seems like a LOT of miles for a polaris, when i was researchng buying a used xp a while back, iirc the general consensus on rzr-forum was that a lot of them need a rebuild somewhere around 2500-3000 miles

I've been a Polaris guy for several years. With those miles/hrs, it's probably close to due for a-arm bushings, BJ's and bearings.
Go with the 570......:beer:

Re:

Jeezus tits. That just didn't seem like a shitload of miles hrs to me. These are such big pieces of **** they wear out that fast?? Hell I wouldn't even want to buy one that is new if that's the case. Where were these posts before??!!

Re: Re:

RebelRider said:
I've been a Polaris guy for several years. With those miles/hrs, it's probably close to due for a-arm bushings, BJ's and bearings.
Go with the 570......:beer:

Keep in mind it will get a lift with with new a-arms anyways, which i imagine will contain new bushings, and how much coukd bearing be should they need to be replaced.

I have a buddy with a '12 800-S rzr he bought new, he is not a wheeler, just rides his son on it and rides dirt roads and asphalt around his house and his dad's chicken farm across the street and he has about 4k miles on it with about 250 hours, never has had to replace anything on it.

Re: Re: So I'm thinking about a SxS.....

RebelRider said:
I'd still go with the new 570. If you beat him down that much, he is desperate and it throws up flags. A mud bike can easily be cleaned up to sell. Those miles/hrs average up to 9 mph, which could be ranch hours or low range mud hours.
Regarding price, he commented that he just had the price up there to see what he could get out of it, because he was in no hurry to sell. He has an old Mule he is going to continue to use and said he needed to build a new barn and a house. I do this a lot, nothing seems fishy about this one to me, like he is desparate or anything like that.

My comments were based on the possibility it was used as a toy. Not a ranch tool.
Yes, when you introduce mud and dirt into the bearings and bushings, they wear quickly. That's on any bike. 2400 miles is a lot for a bike that averaged 9 mph.
My rzr has never been in the mud and already needs BJ's at 1k miles.

Re:

Mountain motorsports in marietta is not the place to call for new ones. Dude told me their cost on a new 570 is $10,422, which is bullshit......they msrp for $11,299. Called Battle Creek in Jasper TN and they said $10,300 out the door. That will be where I will be buying from if I don't change my mind on something else.

I hate backing out on something after I've already said I was gonna buy it. Lol

Re: Re: So I'm thinking about a SxS.....

RebelRider said:
My comments were based on the possibility it was used as a toy. Not a ranch tool.
Yes, when you introduce mud and dirt into the bearings and bushings, they wear quickly. That's on any bike. 2400 miles is a lot for a bike that averaged 9 mph.
My rzr has never been in the mud and already needs BJ's at 1k miles.
I see what you are saying. And I definitely appreciate the insight!

I think you will be happier with a new bike.
Business is business. I'm sure he wasn't holding it for you anyways.

RebelRider said:
I think you will be happier with a new bike.
Business is business. I'm sure he wasn't holding it for you anyways.

No, I already was gonna meet him at his credit union Friday morning so he could pay off his loan and give me the title. It was a done deal, I don't fawk around when I tell someone I'm gonna buy their ****. I text him and told him I was going with a new one and did not care to paypal him $50 for his time because I would hate like hell to be done that way as a seller, and I hate even more being the buyer that does it.

$9500 was the price for it. Far cheaper and cleaner of a ride than any other 900 I've found, but that 3 year warranty on a new 570 is worth a whole lot.

TacomaJD said:
No, I already was gonna meet him at his credit union Friday morning so he could pay off his loan and give me the title. It was a done deal, I don't fawk around when I tell someone I'm gonna buy their ****. I text him and told him I was going with a new one and did not care to paypal him $50 for his time because I would hate like hell to be done that way as a seller, and I hate even more being the buyer that does it.

$9500 was the price for it. Far cheaper and cleaner of a ride than any other 900 I've found, but that 3 year warranty on a new 570 is worth a whole lot.
Oh ok. I was under the impression this was just a verbal agreement over the phone with a craigslist flake.

RebelRider said:
Oh ok. I was under the impression this was just a verbal agreement over the phone with a craigslist flake.

I text him back and forth for a long time last night, he had just got in from picking up a deer he shot with it when he took those pics and sent em to me. After thinking about it though, that 3 year warranty is enough to justify the extra $800 and lack of accessories.

Back