• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"The mistress"

She's finally coming together, Mike. :cool:

And I know you've got more done than this. Slackin on the build threads...:haha::corn:

Tic-Toc...Tic-Toc...time is flying by Mike! You find anybody to buy my 38's?

What these lil tires?

zukibild154.jpg

lol

Looks like maybe 3 or 4 weekends and you should have it done!!

I am drunk in Vegas right now, hopin to win the scratch to finish my build....

lol Righton bud.

I plumbed the rear brake line and built the front driveline.

Rolled her out side and took a bunch of pics.Hell Yeah! now its a true roller!!

She's finally coming together, Mike. :cool:

And I know you've got more done than this. Slackin on the build threads...:haha::corn:

:haha:

Cant deny that hehe

These are the times that make all the metal in the eyes,sore back and knees worth it:awesomework:

True roller form now pics!and :beer:

zukibild149.jpg

zukibild150.jpg

zukibild151.jpg

zukibild152.jpg

THis ones my favorite.:redneck:
Cant waite to get the front tube work/bumper done up
zukibild154.jpg

Plan:get other side rear shock mounts built.
build mount for pane tank and co2 tank.

Then take it over to a friends place and hes going to help me build the back body tub and fenders with alluminum:redneck: hes got a nice brake and knows how to aneel it (spel)

:beer::beer:

I hoped that rear shock mont was going to work.My thinking was try to keep the shock strait as I could so my spring rates would be tru to there rating.

Well as most of you guys know building a custom rig is nothing but compromis's.So I had to srew around trying differant spots for the coilover to get clearance on stuff and droop.

The rigs width is 76"s from tire bulge to bulge and I just dont want to go much wider than that,cause bottom line its a just a h.p. trail rig.

Any way this is what I came up with,intrested in opinions on what Ive done here.Thanks.

zukbuild193.jpg

zukbuild194.jpg

zukbuild195.jpg

zukbuild196.jpg

Tonight im going to gusset up this sides mounts befor I dive into the other side.:redneck:

I think I got room to take some of the forward angle out on that last pic.What ya guys think about what Ive done here...this is uncharted turf here for me.

Last edited:
Coilover mounting

I think we are on even playin fields when it comes to this stage of the build, but to me it looks good. If it were mine, I might run a tube from the top of your upper shock mount to the back of the cab bar or something to keep that upper tube from bending during high speed assaults. Maybe a tube down to the frame, i don't know, just something to add some support to that upper bar where the top shock mount is.

It may not need it at all, but I tend to overbuild the crap out of everything. It's a disease I have yet to beat. That's probably the reason my rig will never weigh less than a school bus.

Lookin good though bud, keep it up.:awesomework:

I think we are on even playin fields when it comes to this stage of the build, but to me it looks good. If it were mine, I might run a tube from the top of your upper shock mount to the back of the cab bar or something to keep that upper tube from bending during high speed assaults. Maybe a tube down to the frame, i don't know, just something to add some support to that upper bar where the top shock mount is.

It may not need it at all, but I tend to overbuild the crap out of everything. It's a disease I have yet to beat. That's probably the reason my rig will never weigh less than a school bus.

Lookin good though bud, keep it up.:awesomework:

Thnaks man.I plan on runnin 2 tubes down from the top mount in a upside down v to the frame and then a crossmemeber across the frame where it bends flat,then X off of that forward.Should be pretty ridgid with all that.

Well im not to sure this would be overkill,I think its enough braceing for it.Deffinatly looking for opinions on this.

Still useing 1.5" .120 wall.I ran one brace down to the chassis bar,right where it bends.
zukbuild206.jpg

and put a cross support right there also.Then another in front of the hoop that ties in right where the rocker gaurd ties into the chassis.
zukbuild207.jpg

some other view.
zukbuild205.jpg

Then I layed a gusset on the upper mounting tab
zukbuild198.jpg

and a lil somthing to box up that bottom mount.
zukbuild197.jpg

BTW Jeaton,when I cycle through the hole suspension cycle this spot seems to keep the heim on the bottom as centered as its going to get so im goin with it...appreciate the comment though bud:beer:

Then on to starting the co2 tank mount.
8" round 1/4" wall cut about an 1" oof a pipe I found and welded a piece of 3/16" plate on the bottom.
zukbuild202.jpg

zukbuild201.jpg

getting a start on mounting it...then the Easter festivities started and the zuk building stopped lol
zukbuild203.jpg

whatcha think about the rear coilover braceing?

Got some work done on the pane tank mount.

But first the co2 tank bottom mount is done.
zukbuild213.jpg

zukbuild214.jpg

The pane tank mount

zukbuild217.jpg

zukbuild219.jpg

zukbuild215.jpg

zukbuild221.jpg

:awesomework:

gets one of these
zukbuild208.jpg

Ill mount the 8 gallon tank a lil differantly than this.
zukbuild211.jpg

:beer:

Last edited:
cool work!!:awesomework:

FYI the bottom of tanks vary in dia. so if you end up getting other tanks they might not fit right.

Good call,I noticed this I measured 4 differant tanks and they all varied about 1/16 to 1/8" that was 2 steel 10 gallon tanks that I own and the 1 alluminum 10 gallon I own and the 1 8 gallon alluminum that I own.All I know is not all of mine are the same but close enough that they all will fit in my contraption.

Appreciate you looking out,Thanks.:beer::beer:

progress, pluggin away

I got the fire wall painted I used satin black epoxy paint.

zukbuild231.jpg

finished up the tank mount...gussets in such

zukbuild226.jpg

zukbuild227.jpg

and the back half sits on its own suspension for the first time:cheer::cheer:
zukbuild230.jpg

more to come..............

My e net has been down,and been busy with work and family stuff.Ive got some progress tp post up though.Ill load some pics up 2 marrow.
:awesomework:

Long 2 marrow eh lol

I got the steering all fabbed up,just need to do the final welding on it.
Had to build a wedge for the frame to put the steering box input where i need it.
zukbuild283.jpg

now the steering input is inline with the frame.
zukbuild284.jpg

I needed to attach spline ends to some round stock,this is how I kept thing runnin true.I indexed the parts before I butted and welded.
zukbuild251.jpg

hiem for correction
zukbuild254.jpg

zukbuild252.jpg

:redneck:

Back