• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota Hydro Assist Weird Problem.

Been having a weird issue with my hydro assist since setting it up. Steering works great turning to the left, but when trying to turn it right....Binds up and doesn't want to steer. It only does this turning right, will turn left all day long.

I did take the lines off and worked the steering on just the box and it worked fine, put the lines and ram back on it worked correctly and turned right just fine for a few days and then started the binding up issue again.

Also rebuilt the pump before I put it on. I assume it also pretty well bled. Just at a loss of what my issue could be

PSC Ram
Trail Gear Pump
Trail Gear Reservoir
Drilled and Tapped the box myself.
IMG_8745.jpeg

Last edited:
It will turn left easier than right because it is the non-rod side of the ram. Turning right it will have less force on the piston because of the rod.

It will turn left easier than right because it is the non-rod side of the ram. Turning right it will have less force on the piston because of the rod.
I get that, but it doesn't want to turn right all. Best way to describe it is basically like trying to turn it right with no power steering with the tire up against a wall. I understand the hydraulic side of it. It turns right easy with the ram unhooked, put the ram back on and it binds up.

It packs up solid, wont do anything. Its weird how it does somtimes.

Back