• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tundra

Nuzzy said:
16 mpg when I sit in traffic every day and don't go over 40 miles an hour. 20-21 when it's all highway road trip. I have 4.10 gears though too.

My 96 V10 Dodge 1 ton got 8-11mpg depending on city/highway.

I know a number of people get mid 20s with their non dually diesels (especially 2wd ones). Sadly my 6 tires offer a bit more rolling resistence :redneck:

mmmm my BILs both have 3/4 ton Ford that have deisels. One drives about 5 miles to work and the other drives from Monroe to Auburn. I wonder what kinda MPG they get...?

So you have a valid point on the mpg, do you run regular deisel or biodeisel?
Just curious. Oh, and why?

hwcurtice said:
mmmm my BILs both have 3/4 ton Ford that have deisels. One drives about 5 miles to work and the other drives from Monroe to Auburn. I wonder what kinda MPG they get...?

So you have a valid point on the mpg, do you run regular deisel or biodeisel?
Just curious. Oh, and why?

I've been running regular. The Grange in Issaquah sells bio so I have it easlily accessible... I just haven't wanted to go through the initial filter changing process :redneck: Since biodiesel is such a better solvent than regular, it will dislodge all kinds of old sludge and crap in your tank. Thus, if you make a switch to running any higher amount of bio, it's a good idea to change fuel filters and such each fill up for the first 3 or so tanks. After that, everything should be hassel free for the most part.

I would love to run at least some mixture of bio at some point though because I really don't like/trust this new Ultra Low Sulfer **** they're forcing down our throats :mad: Bio is far supior for lubrication from everything I've heard, and that makes me feel like it will only increase the lifespan of my engine. :cool:

You don't have to buy a 4x4 dually quad cab to get a diesel engine :rolleyes: . A friend of mine gets 26 mpg in his 2wd Dodge, he runs a little over 400 rwhp. And that's with a built auto no less. If you want a truck with good mileage and can do everything you want. get an 03/early 04 cummins 4x4 and get 23 mpg.

Lucky Jeff said:
You don't have to buy a 4x4 dually quad cab to get a diesel engine :rolleyes: . A friend of mine gets 26 mpg in his 2wd Dodge, he runs a little over 400 rwhp. And that's with a built auto no less. If you want a truck with good mileage and can do everything you want. get an 03/early 04 cummins 4x4 and get 23 mpg.

I had to buy a dually quad cab 4x4 to get my diesel engine. :flipoff: My dually get 15-18MPG driving around town. 12-15 towing (depends on load and speed. 12mpg ain't bad IMHO towing 12K at 80MPH on hills. I have never seen a powerstroke get 21, maybe on the over head but not calculated by hand. My single wheel 3/4 cummins 4x4 I got 19mpg all the time (20.6 towing 3k once and 20.9 best empty).

Your right about 2wds (non duallys) they sure do get better milage, my old mans 92 get 21MPG around town when I drive it nice.

For $FREE I have over 350hp and over 800ft lbs at the rear wheels. Lucky, my truck does run, want to go for a ride? Maybe I'll stop by and tow yours around the block so you can pretend drive yours.:flipoff:

Lucky Jeff said:

I know I said this: I don't need a monster truck for my needs. Commuting and the occasional junk hauling, wife loves craigslist, and maybe a tow every now and then. If I was rally concerend about MPG, I'd go find an old Volkwagon Rabbit PU with a diesel. Didin't those things get like 50 mpg+?

No, just a regular PU will suite my needs just fine, and if I can get something that has decent MPG and doesn't sound like a freight train going through Sultan, all the better. (In Monroe they go slower....) I would prefer a fullsize bed, but that's just me....

hwcurtice said:
I know I said this: I don't need a monster truck for my needs. Commuting and the occasional junk hauling, wife loves craigslist, and maybe a tow every now and then. If I was rally concerend about MPG, I'd go find an old Volkwagon Rabbit PU with a diesel. Didin't those things get like 50 mpg+?

No, just a regular PU will suite my needs just fine, and if I can get something that has decent MPG and doesn't sound like a freight train going through Sultan, all the better. (In Monroe they go slower....) I would prefer a fullsize bed, but that's just me....
Sounds to me like you need to go test drive everything, and then make your decision. 40+Grand is alot of money to spend on any truck, so do your homework then make the right decision for your needs.:;

you REALLY need to get out and see what trucks actually look like nowadays.. a reg cab Ram diesel isn't big, it isn't loud, and it sure as hell isn't 40 grand. What exactly will a Tundra do better? I'm still trying to figure it out.. everyone keeps bitching about the size.. the Tundra is a FULLSIZE right?? It has the same footprint as a F250 right? Well Toyota says so.. If you want to buy a toyota just to say you have a toyota then that's fine. But so far your complaints haven't done much for you. I'm not trying to sell you on a Dodge. Or a Ford or a chevy, or even a diesel, but at the moment. That seems to be what would suit you best. Unless you just like to spend money cause you have too much of it.

Latest posts

Back