• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Weroc help

Updates....

Ok so Big Rich went up to WA this last week and is heading back down to our office. He went checking out properties...

We have a few properties in mind.

Olympia: Straddleline ORV Park (this property is confirmed for use, but we do not have shotcrete)

Snohomish: We have been in contact with this property own for some time and looks like we have all materials except shotcrete

Ellinsburg: We have property and shotcrete (to an extent). the property is a poor layout though but has the proper zoning for such and event.

Which means if we can get a better piece of property in Ellinsberg, we'll have a park that we can hold events and such at...
________
Suzuki GS500E

Last edited:
MIG'DHORSE said:
what do you mean by poor layout? does it not cater well to an event?

The entrance is a one lane dirt road that is really steep. We had an event last year with a less steep entrance and had four tractor trailers jack knife their vehicles half way up, lol. I am trying to figure out if there are any other possible routes to the top of the proprty (the area we are allowed to use) but I am not sure as of right now...
This year at events expect to see tractor trailers from over 5 different vendors and even more from competitors...
________
buy vaporizers

Last edited:
Lil' Rich said:
Ok so Big Rich went up to WA this last week and is heading back down to our office. He went checking out properties...

Olympia: Straddleline ORV Park (this property is confirmed for use, but we do not have shotcrete)

Snohomish: We have been in contact with this property own for some time and looks like we have all materials except shotcrete

Ellinsburg: We have property and shotcrete (to an extent). the property is a poor layout though but has the proper zoning for such and event.

Which means if we can get a better piece of property in Ellinsberg, we'll have a park that we can hold events and such at...

Straddleline ORV Park would be a great place to hold it.

Brian H said:
Straddleline ORV Park would be a great place to hold it.

Going to have to agree on this location - Straddleline ORV park.

but it sounds like the ol' beating of a dead horse round we go again...
can this event not be PUT together w/o the use of; "Shotcrete?" can't a obstacle course be Man Made w/ Dirt - Rocks / etc.

it would be alot Cheaper to just weld "I" beams in a towering configuration & fill it in & cage it w/ Boulder's... *(idea's)

It sounds like the ShotCrete is the Knife in the Back for this. too bad too, cause this would be great for our side of the state, but i jumped in earlier w/ my response, highly doubtful / expected... that anyone here will put up / fund the Material.

can't a Obstacle, be built from "STEEL" heavy mesh wrapped & Rocks fitted into place that won't move? hell, we could drill them & stick poles thru 'em to hold 'em. - I think a little more creative work & this could be pulled off, better than before - maybe? future idea's of how to lay out the course even.

cost of renting;
Bulldozer - welder - steel - mesh - rocks - dirt = pennies...
compared to everything else, including shotcrete $$$

ZukPirate said:
Going to have to agree on this location - Straddleline ORV park.

but it sounds like the ol' beating of a dead horse round we go again...
can this event not be PUT together w/o the use of; "Shotcrete?" can't a obstacle course be Man Made w/ Dirt - Rocks / etc.

it would be alot Cheaper to just weld "I" beams in a towering configuration & fill it in & cage it w/ Boulder's... *(idea's)

It sounds like the ShotCrete is the Knife in the Back for this. too bad too, cause this would be great for our side of the state, but i jumped in earlier w/ my response, highly doubtful / expected... that anyone here will put up / fund the Material.

First no steal structure wrapping rocks would work that I can think of, and I know we wouldn't be interested in holding events on something like this.

Second, the "Knife in the back" comment is the exact reason why nothing has been done before. It is possible, it has been done with EVERY single man made course so far in the W.E.ROCK circut, and two of them in the UROC circut.

It really depends on how bad you guys want a cool wheeling place. Keep in mind, we use this once - twice a year, it would be open for regular wheeling between events. This would help take so much focus off the trails and help with cutting down the amount a trail is wheeled in a year. Another venue is exactly what the PNW needs. Saying that highly doubtful puts a very negative read on the effort, on something that has the opportunity to help the entire PNW.
________
XS750

Last edited:
Lil' Rich said:
First no steal structure wrapping rocks would work that I can think of, and I know we wouldn't be interested in holding events on something like this.

Second, the "Knife in the back" comment is the exact reason why nothing has been done before. It is possible, it has been done with EVERY single man made course so far in the W.E.ROCK circut, and two of them in the UROC circut.

It really depends on how bad you guys want a cool wheeling place. Keep in mind, we use this once - twice a year, it would be open for regular wheeling between events. This would help take so much focus off the trails and help with cutting down the amount a trail is wheeled in a year. Another venue is exactly what the PNW needs. Saying that highly doubtful puts a very negative read on the effort, on something that has the opportunity to help the entire PNW.

My personal belief & #1 reason for it to be held in Straddleline

the rest of the year it could be used & even at a fee... but - we are back to the cost of getting the - REQUIRED - set up to hold this event. :mad:

I'd like nothing more - believe me, to see this pulled off here. it used to be a fuctional ORV park, now it's in the hands of a NO BUDGET county that at most will just keep it maintained. totally agree if the local people / users, and thoughful investors got on the bandwagon w/ this... it could indeed happen.

hence why i stated, a FUNDRAISER. if it was met - we'd have a guarantee of it being done / held. it sounds like the red flag isn't there & the GO AHEAD is, so what can we do?

call local 4x4 shops, local surrounding hotels? every imaginable business that will benefit $$$ from this yearly event... local offroaders / clubs... state & local counties for funding support due to the money generated for the state?

i think it could be pulled off.

--------------------------------

Just need to find the right hill & let the Ball go rolling...

Lil' Rich said:

Have you looked at Horn Rapids ORV in Richland?

http://www.ci.richland.wa.us/RICHLAND/Parks/index.cfm?PageNum=52

ZukPirate said:
My personal belief & #1 reason for it to be held in Straddleline

the rest of the year it could be used & even at a fee... but - we are back to the cost of getting the - REQUIRED - set up to hold this event. :mad:

I'd like nothing more - believe me, to see this pulled off here. it used to be a fuctional ORV park, now it's in the hands of a NO BUDGET county that at most will just keep it maintained. totally agree if the local people / users, and thoughful investors got on the bandwagon w/ this... it could indeed happen.

hence why i stated, a FUNDRAISER. if it was met - we'd have a guarantee of it being done / held. it sounds like the red flag isn't there & the GO AHEAD is, so what can we do?

call local 4x4 shops, local surrounding hotels? every imaginable business that will benefit $$$ from this yearly event... local offroaders / clubs... state & local counties for funding support due to the money generated for the state?

i think it could be pulled off.

--------------------------------

Just need to find the right hill & let the Ball go rolling...

Well stop babbling and get busy trying to do something.

Brian H said:
Well stop babbling and get busy trying to do something.

Yeah.... yeah.......

I'am thinking ?

--------------------------

I guess it needs to be more clear on what is needed? exact items / amounts?

or is it cash $$$ If a company only needs to supply - Shotcrete?

then how much & is there only job to come in w/ a truck & aim at something?

what specific details can you give Lil'Rich?

----------------------------

then we can all go bang heads w/ a factual statement - and possibly get some results? or fund this thing ourselves. this isn't the only board right, IF A SITE WAS SET UP FOR THIS TO LINK ALL THE OTHER FORUMS / WEB'S TO, then everyone can just click the link & see whats needed.

on the WeRock site, all i see is a May date for SEATTLE? nothing about possiblities for OLYMPIA or OTHER locations.

update the site or set something up - VENDORS / INVESTORS like that.
and the whats needed to pull this off.

Lil' Rich said:
The entrance is a one lane dirt road that is really steep. We had an event last year with a less steep entrance and had four tractor trailers jack knife their vehicles half way up, lol. I am trying to figure out if there are any other possible routes to the top of the proprty (the area we are allowed to use) but I am not sure as of right now...
This year at events expect to see tractor trailers from over 5 different vendors and even more from competitors...

I'm only 30 miles from E-burg Rich, let me know if you need my help, you got my # you trout mouth.....:flipoff:

Last edited:
ZukPirate said:
Yeah.... yeah.......

I'am thinking ?

--------------------------

I guess it needs to be more clear on what is needed? exact items / amounts?

or is it cash $$$ If a company only needs to supply - Shotcrete?

then how much & is there only job to come in w/ a truck & aim at something?

what specific details can you give Lil'Rich?

----------------------------

then we can all go bang heads w/ a factual statement - and possibly get some results? or fund this thing ourselves. this isn't the only board right, IF A SITE WAS SET UP FOR THIS TO LINK ALL THE OTHER FORUMS / WEB'S TO, then everyone can just click the link & see whats needed.

on the WeRock site, all i see is a May date for SEATTLE? nothing about possiblities for OLYMPIA or OTHER locations.

update the site or set something up - VENDORS / INVESTORS like that.
and the whats needed to pull this off.

It says it right here rich.
We offer concrete companies the idea of advertising, and use of the site for special events. On top of that they will have live proof that their concrete will hold up to the craziest of abuse.

To be honest, we are looking to get the shotcrete for free right now. They'll have 4 complete 12foot tall x 20 foot wide billboards, the ability to stamp their name into the concrete, and the use of scheduled events.
They'll also recieve 20 VIP Passes every event there.

We would need somewhere around 340 yards of shotcrete to make it happen with a psi of 4,500 and ash added for strength or more psi with no ash. [Qoute Lil Rich] http://www.we-rock.cc/index.php

We are still moving along with this but are looking very hard at the Ellinsberg site. Though it seems that the Olympia site is making a very strong comeback.

Any updates on the PNW side of things?
________
silver surfer reviews

Last edited:
Lil' Rich said:
We are still moving along with this but are looking very hard at the Ellinsberg site. Though it seems that the Olympia site is making a very strong comeback.

Any updates on the PNW side of things?

Not a whole lot.

Richs' -- for future events you might check out PIR (Portland International Raceway) for building a manmade course. They have more than enough land to build a course out near the motocross track. Just on the edge of downtown which could = huge crowd turnout.

www.portlandraceway.com

Latest posts

Back