• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what dana 300 do i want?

4:1 in toy reduction box and I have the HD output on the dana 300(stock gears). I havent upgraded the front output--been waiting to break that first. But ya--I have a 4.3

thanks mike i am going to run a rear mount rad, how small of a rad do you think i can get away with? also what year is your 4.3? i have been reading what little info anyone will give up on this swap and i am not so sure if i want to go with FI or TBI, seams like TBI is much easier to wire then the newer 4.3's. i am assuming you made your harness? how much of a bear was that?:cool: thanks again Mike!

If you are going to run a 300 behind a toy reduction box, I'd put the really low gears in the toy box. Sarg's old drive train was set up this way and mine was the other. His worked alot better. I'ts alot easier to go low high with one stick in the toy box rather than 2 on the 300. Basicaly switch low and high in the toy box and leave the 300 in low all the time. That way you can get a front dig with one lever.

If you are going to run a 300 behind a toy reduction box, I'd put the really low gears in the toy box. Sarg's old drive train was set up this way and mine was the other. His worked alot better. I'ts alot easier to go low high with one stick in the toy box rather than 2 on the 300. Basicaly switch low and high in the toy box and leave the 300 in low all the time. That way you can get a front dig with one lever.

and 4to1's for a toy case is cheaper

and 4to1's for a toy case is cheaper

ok so i have a 23 spline 4.7 gear set and a 2.28 23spline gear set, so i can go either way and it isn't going to cost me so 4.7 it is. what kind of final gear ratio will i see if i keep the gears in the 300 stock? sarg what did you upgrade in your 300?
Joe has got me thinking about running an auto i have always had a manual but i can see how an auto would be nice at time.... what are you guys opinions on this? thanks for the info!:beer:

also i am currently running 5.29's and detroits in my yota axles, i am think of stepping up to a 4.10 and just welding the carrier, i am affraid that with the 4.3 i will just tear the 5.29's apart? any thoughts?

ok so i have a 23 spline 4.7 gear set and a 2.28 23spline gear set, so i can go either way and it isn't going to cost me so 4.7 it is. what kind of final gear ratio will i see if i keep the gears in the 300 stock? sarg what did you upgrade in your 300?
Joe has got me thinking about running an auto i have always had a manual but i can see how an auto would be nice at time.... what are you guys opinions on this? thanks for the info!:beer:

my setup was 22re to a toy 5speed to a toy t-case w/4to1's then to a stock dana 300. This setup worked extremely well I never upgraded the d300 and I beat the piss out of it.:redneck:

You should come over and take a look at my buggy, ill help you figure out what you should run james. :cool: :flipoff:

my setup was 22re to a toy 5speed to a toy t-case w/4to1's then to a stock dana 300. This setup worked extremely well I never upgraded the d300 and I beat the piss out of it.:redneck:

right on i am trying to work a deal right now for a jeep 300.... anyone need any toy running gear...:stirpot:

can someone atleast point me in a good direction as far as info goes, i need more about 4.3,700r4,300's thanks

james

i run a 22re, w56, toy tcase (stock gears) AA adapter, twinsticked D300 (stock gears), 32 spline outs.

love it, had the 4.7s in the yota case before and never used low-low. is perfect in the buggy w/ 42 and 4.88s in the diffs.

holley