• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

With a Man-Made Site... What do you want to see?

Lil' Rich

Yes we are in the middle of putting together a site in E-burg and with that, we want to keep you guys in mind. I have built several sites around the country and a few overseas and in Canada and Mexico. The question I have for you is...

What do you want to see?

I ask this based on you giving me some photos so that I can build proportionately. Please give me why you want to see it and what makes the terrain so difficult. With this site there will be room for everything from Stock type vehicles to Moon Buggies. We would like to get your ideas so this would be a site that you would not only want to wheel, but a site that you would want to watch some crazy wheeling as well.

The Fort Worth site, (Used for our Grand Nationals), was built based off trails located in various spots in the U.S. We have climbs from Moab's Upper Proving Grounds and AZ's Die Hard trails as well as technical sections modeled after several Colorado Trails.

Thanks for your input and let's see what we can come up with... I really want this site to remind you of WA wheeling...
________
buy extreme vaporizer

Last edited:
It depends on what side of the mountains you're on and the season.

The eastside in the summer is hot and dry with places like Rimrock, Liberty & Funny & Moon...

Where as on the westside it's typically always wet or at least damp for the most part and you are dealing with dirt to moss covered rock or tree root transitions.

I want to see more dry rock type wheelin. Having been to the Hammers, Moab and recently to Phoenix I want dry rock climbs with waterfall verts and such.

...and just to keep it in line with Washington terrain...an Espresso stand with hot chicks wearing WE-Rock thongs :beer:

trees and rootballs...

its kinda hard to imagine a man made course reflecting the NW as it involves mud rootballs and trees.

maybe after i actually witness a comp on crete my mind would maybe visulize a NW version but right now im drawing a blank.

LR im sure you will make a fantastic course as you see lines that can be done in terrain that cant be done. so just keep doing what you do.

Tight squeeze obsctacle's, every trail up here has one somewhere. Also log crossing's and huge boulder's. :awesomework:

I don't think it should reflect anything NW. I think you should try to bring some Moab, Hammers, AZ and other places here.

If I want wet root balls and boulders I will go to Reiter......

I don't think it should reflect anything NW. I think you should try to bring some Moab, Hammers, AZ and other places here.

i see your point...but if he wants to take the NW terrain to the comps....

still the tight squeeze between a big assed rock and a tree is the NW.

i see your point...but if he wants to take the NW terrain to the comps....

still the tight squeeze between a big assed rock and a tree is the NW.

He asked what we wanted to see. I want to see things I haven't seen.......but ya we have some of the best wheelin' in this state. You can find a very good variety here.

I second jobless's sugestion for tree-stumps and water crossings if possible. As much as I'd like a close place to do some dry rock crawling, i think a course in WA should represent WA wheeling 'to a degree'.

But at the same time, not to much because we already have places like Reiter to play in the mud and tree roots.

Please make plenty of lines/obstacles for less built rigs, would be nice for everyone to have a place to play.

Lil' Rich, have you ever wheeled or been to any of the local trails up here? That might the best way to get an idea of what we would like to see and see what we have to overcome on the trails. Then take those idea's make them into a comp course. Because a lot of the pics for the trails really dont do them any justice.

x3

Or to TSF, Evens creek ect ect.

It would be cool to wheel those style of areas without going to those areas.
Good technical areas are great and who does not like verts.

Last edited:
I can mimmick the slickness by making the concrete smooth like a skate park then add some mud in areas and you've got yourself a knarly climb. I will always put in some verts and technical spots with big rocks and such. But I would like to have a few courses that would follow the characteristics od what you wheel on.

I have not wheeled up there except for what's at goldendale. But from what I hear, it doesn't really match what you guys wheel on.
________
Yamaha FZR400

Last edited:
This is great...
I've been thinking of building a trail. I can make it easily 1/2-mile long.
When you build a comp-course I've been wondering simple things like...
How Tall to build the Verts?
How many degrees of side hill?
How tight to make the turns?
I'll be using sand, mud, rock and trees for the surfaces... Then in the winter it will be covered with SNOW!-)
I don't what to make it impassable, and IF it took 2 hours to drive it that would be ok:masturbanana[1]:

Chris

This is great...
I've been thinking of building a trail. I can make it easily 1/2-mile long.
When you build a comp-course I've been wondering simple things like...
How Tall to build the Verts?
How many degrees of side hill?
How tight to make the turns?
I'll be using sand, mud, rock and trees for the surfaces... Then in the winter it will be covered with SNOW!-)
I don't what to make it impassable, and IF it took 2 hours to drive it that would be ok:masturbanana[1]:

Chris

Honestly I always build for the future. I build things too difficult due to the fast advancing sport. Building a trail would be different, it would have to be based on the specific vehicles that would be running it.

I have a consulting firm based off off-road race track design and trail system design (called The Motorsports Group). I have designed 6 man-made tracks and developed over 600 courses throughout the world on both natural and man-made terrain. If this is something you are serious about, we could help you develope your site.
________
volcano classic vaporizer

Last edited:
Rich, as far as rocks are concerned there aren't all that many typically here. The best rock crawling in WA is at funny/ moon rocks about a hour and a half or so from Goldendale. If you would like pick a weekend when you could spend a day and we could show you around up there then you could see it for yourself. Memorial weekend time isn't the best because the snow is just melting off and everything is wet and muddy. Any time from July fourth to labor day is best.:cool:

Latest posts

Back