• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Kelly Builds Wyatt a Shaved & Narrowed 14b Rear

Re: Kelly gives wyatt's rear end an overhaul

Kelly did you weld inside the housing since you ground off are you outer welds? I don't think it will hold up to Wyatt's driving skills, or lack of.....

No wonder yer always broke. Miller Lite! Where's the Bush son!
100_2389.jpg

oh yeah - measure up a 60 and do a comparison

I know some guys that looking to do 14bolt fronts on the regular

that axle is pimpppN! I saw it Sunday while pickin up my axles from Kelly... definetly got some time in that one!! thumb.gif

Kelly burned the cover flange at like 1am. I'm welding it all up today.

The 14b is flat. 5.25" from centerline to bottom of case. Its a solid inch shorter than Robs case.
Matt, yes it is full welded out on the inside.
She is slippery. How much does it weigh? No idea but its lighter than my rearstear 60 for sho'.

More info on what width it is

what 14 did you start with? cab and chassis, srw, or drw or what?

6" out of the long side I assume
but what's with the stuff I think I was reading about both sides being cut???
how off center is the yoke?

Yours is definetly pimp Wyatt... Kelly spent some major time making that thing slipperier than Miles's nipple

Vertical Limits Skinny 14's---FOR THE WIN!

I love teh way mine turned out, even if it's not truly skinny---just a thick chick on a diet thumb.gif Better than the late 80's oprah version it once was thumb.gif :woody: :woody:

Rob yours was cut deep. And with a learning curve Kelly realized he could go deeper. I predict he'll go even further after this one. You could shave the ring gear a bit further, and he could notch the top of the case even further for carrier removal......

InDaShop said:
Rob yours was cut deep. And with a learning curve Kelly realized he could go deeper. I predict he'll go even further after this one. You could shave the ring gear a bit further, and he could notch the top of the case even further for carrier removal......

oh **** yea it was, I'm completly happy with mine, I was referring to mine not being skinny since mine's not gotten the 6" narrow treatment thumb.gif

Mine will fully get it and isn't much less clearance than yours (sorry--it's not!) It's just a shitload more work to go another 1/4 inch from where mine was at laughing1.

Now looking back at my post it looks like I was complaining--that's not the case... AT ALL!

See you guys in a bit, I'm gonna roll outta here around 4ish

it survived. I really got to sit and check it out yesterday from the front seat of an Oklahoma cruiser. She is shaved in a huge way. I love it!

I'll get good pics on Wednesday and get them posted.

yup looked real good, but I didn't get to check it out as much as you thought molaugh

How's it feel to get beat by an 89 ford Taurus molaugh molaugh molaugh

For the record I have never seen a 14 bolt shaved that much. Kelly did an amazing job on it. Good work!

rockwild said:
yup looked real good, but I didn't get to check it out as much as you thought molaugh

How's it feel to get beat by an 89 ford Taurus molaugh molaugh molaugh
Bragging over damn near last isn't much to brag about :flipoff1: If Kelly had made run #3 it'd be a whole different story.

Going up the stair steps...damn your buggy leans like a m'fer! Yous gots 16 switches in that hooker? thumb.gif It needs more motor too

laughing1

yup - my shits slow, leans and got beat bad by a 16yr old

but it beat Wyatt!!

seriously thought that was a blast and good to be out there

rear end looks real good, I want one for my yota but sounds like kelly won't ever be doing it again - at least the narrowing.

glad i got my shaved boat anchor when I did then if he's not doing more thumb.gif

...although I have a sneaking suspicion that he'll end up doing more, kelly don't say no to the green cheddar :drinkers: