• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Another Newb Tube

skrause said:
How many feet of line would you say you used?

I also think that the solid rod and the brake line tubing is alot like the whole pipe vs hrew vs dom vs cromoly. I think it will hold up just fine and theres not much sprung weight. The axles out weight the chassis by far.

I have a hard time believing you could stand on it and it didnt crush... snap a pic with you standing on it

:corn:

skrause said:
I'm just thinking it'd be easier to weld up with solid rod.

My tuber is built out of solid rod and it weighs 5.3 #'s with battery.

Solid 1/8th wieghs approx the same as tubing mayby a bit less, think about it --roll that diameter in a solid piece and you have more mass.

The advantage of 1/8th rod besides you can tig it real easy is that it wont dent when it hits a sharp edge of a rock.

Tubing looks more scale and proportional.

Both are plenty stong if triangulated properly

roccrawler said:
I have a hard time believing you could stand on it and it didnt crush... snap a pic with you standing on it

:corn:

Here you go Troy!!!!!!!

Attachments

• jesses tuber build 015.jpg
    jesses tuber build 015.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 178
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well got my moab XL's in yesterday and I couldnt believe how big they were. didnt look that big in the pics on the net and make the nylint tires look small. Still waiting on my Axial beedlocks that are on backorder. How much have you guys narrowed them?

So I added a lower portion of the chassis and belley pan.

Attachments

• jesses tuber build 016.jpg
    jesses tuber build 016.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 159
  • jesses tuber build 017.jpg
    jesses tuber build 017.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 149
  • jesses tuber build 018.jpg
    jesses tuber build 018.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 155
  • jesses tuber build 019.jpg
    jesses tuber build 019.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 151
just started reading this thread this afternoon, saw the post saying "stand on it and take a pic" and thought no way, then saw the pic and am impressed, I thought for sure you couldn't stand on it. wait, do you only weigh 50lbs like Crash??

also, how are you "welding" that thing??

LoL he might get pissed for me saying this, but he must weigh at least 190. So far I think most of it is just MiG'd. Although some of its brazed up top. Its his first tuber and I couldnt be more happy with what he's make'n me. Now he said he has the side panels put on and rock sliders and the damn camera aint werk'n :mad:

Ok camera is working again. It seems to only work with duracells ....Weird.

Attachments

• jesses tuber build 020.jpg
    jesses tuber build 020.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 135
  • jesses tuber build 023.jpg
    jesses tuber build 023.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 138
  • jesses tuber build 022.jpg
    jesses tuber build 022.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 133
  • jesses tuber build 027.jpg
    jesses tuber build 027.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 132
  • jesses tuber build 028.jpg
    jesses tuber build 028.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 144
WELL WHAT YA all think? Any of you had your stuff powdercoated locally? I know of a place in the Tumwater Industrial Park, heard they did good work. He said because its such a small job he could do it for about 40$ if i go with black because he'll already be running that color. If i choos a color then it will be like 100$ because of his 80$ min. So black will probably be the color of the frame. Which is COOL WITH ME! will match my beadlocks.

Last edited:
Back