• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Another Newb Tube

I know this thread is carry'n on now but I love pics! I successfully turned my traxxas 2055 servo into a winch! made a make shift spool out of a servo saver and a flat washer. For cable I took apart an old phone cord I had and used the red coated wire. It will hold up to anything I think i'll use it for, and it looks cool. I was saprised to see how powerfull that little servo was, with only 80oz/trq it will still pull a dewalt battery and charger off of my beer fridge! I have another use for this winch as well but you all will have to wate to see that. should be cool, here are some more frigg'n pics!

102_1175.jpg

102_1176.jpg

Ok maybe I overdid it here, but I know this was needed to make my winch actually useable. The phone wire looks cool but I think its going to have a little too much memmory to use. It wants to come uncoiled off all the time. I know my Warn 8000i would do it a little but thats why ya always suck it tight up to the "FAIRLEAD" soooooo thats the part I needed! I made it out of a piece of plastic, a random piece of metal I found next to my monitor and the end of a pen! check out the pic.
102_1181.jpg

Although I thought it looked good, I tested it out just for fun. It actually works ok untill you get my salmon swivel all the way up tight. Just to test out the power i kept going, and it acutally kept pulling the Charger and battery, and bent the braket I made, THEN SNAPPED THE PHONE CORD! Granted phone wire isnt the strongest, but I never expected this little servo to be able to do that. here's a vid to amuse the masses.

Ok new improved edition:
102_1185.jpg

102_1186.jpg

102_1187.jpg

I ditched the phone cord for 17lb fishing line off of the stealhead rod. Then added another braket to support the other side. being that I mounted the fairlead on a piece of plastic it will take up some of the tension if I suck it in too far, good to have so i dont break it before I get to use it.

Knok2222 said:
Ok new improved edition:
102_1185.jpg

102_1186.jpg

102_1187.jpg

I ditched the phone cord for 17lb fishing line off of the stealhead rod. Then added another braket to support the other side. being that I mounted the fairlead on a piece of plastic it will take up some of the tension if I suck it in too far, good to have so i dont break it before I get to use it.

You wont get to use it if you dont hurry up and buy the parts I need to finish it. I have the powder coating handled.Thanks Troy.

So this is close to the way it will set.Jesse is ordeering the links so ill be able to put them in when they get here.

Attachments

• jesses tuber build 029.jpg
    jesses tuber build 029.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 144
  • jesses tuber build 031.jpg
    jesses tuber build 031.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 146
  • jesses tuber build 032.jpg
    jesses tuber build 032.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 140
Here are a couple pics of my daughter sitt'n on the chassi. I tried to get her to hold it to show ya how light it is, but all she wanted to do was eat it.
102_1218.jpg

102_1219.jpg

For some reason though everytime she sees one of my moab tires, or any "large tire" on any vehicle she gets really scared. hmmm. couldnt be from this horrify'n experiance with my old stick? could it?

kailey.jpg

crawled into that pose and outa it. LOL!:haha:

Back On Track!

:clappy: Finally back on track. Hunting has been keeping me busy, but thankfully my S&*t finally came in. I got the black 8 spoke Axial Beadlocks with the Red Skull rings. I think they look awsome, I changed my mind on the black chrome just because you cant go wrong with flat black in my opinion. Also I feel that the black chrome would have peeled after so long anyway. Along with the wheels and rings I got a set of losi shocks, and the hard to find SUPER soft white springs. SO here are some pics for tonight of whats in store. Im just glad to be moving foward again!

:stirpot: :cool: :stirpot: :corn: :clappy: :flipoff: :kissmyass:
040120020132.jpg

040120020214.jpg

040120020156.jpg

040120020144.jpg

Last edited:
:D :D :D

I wanna know more about those bead lock wheels and those red rings--I want some new 2.2 wheels that are beadlocked and I am really digging those red rings

Ok i know i have way to many pics in this build now but I like the feedback so here are some more. I F'd up and forgot one tire out at Brian H's house tonight so I was only able to mount up 3 of my beedlocks. and I still need wheel wideners and adaptors to bolt them to the axles, but why should that stop me from taking some poser pics LOL! I had to see what she would look like. what do you think?
102_1303.jpg

102_1302.jpg

102_1301.jpg

102_1300.jpg

102_1304.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get some 12 to 17mm adapters?

For now im not going to narrow them, to affraid to kill my new wheels. but I need wideners and adaptors. the RC4wd ones do both for only $4 more.

and a "paying hommage" pic

Attachments

• 102_1307.jpg
    102_1307.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Knok2222 said:
For now im not going to narrow them, to affraid to kill my new wheels.

Don't be scared! :D :redneck:

I understand not wanting to hack up what you've been waiting so long to get, it's always a little scary. The good news is that with the beadlocks, you can take them apart and narrow them if you decide you want to later on. For what it's worth, I agree with Mike, and would narrow them. There was a thread on the subject on RCC, but none of the pics work anymore.

Ordered my 12mm to 17mm adaptors and wideners today. 3 days ill be able to mount my wheels to the axles! WOOO HOO! then a local vender from RC4wd.com, Double J, should be droping my new links off at my work tomarrow and its back to the fabbing!

Back