• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

dirt riot?

It's a sad situation for all involved I hope this doesn't bring any legal issues for W.E.Rock/Dirt Riot or the race team involved. It is clear that the spectator was in the wrong but it won't make it any easier on all involved.

Official report copied from pirate;

San Juan County Sheriff's Office
Sheriff Rick Eldredge Monticello, Utah 84535

Press Release:
DATE OF INCIDENT – 04/04/2015
TIME- Approx. 2:00 pm
LOCATION- Black Ridge/San Juan County, Utah.
TYPE OF INCIDENT: Bystander killed at 4x4 rock crawling event

DESCRIPTION : Christopher Hower, age 30 of Ely, Nevada was killed today around 2:00 pm when he was struck by a vehicle that was entered in a rock crawling event. The event was taking place in the Black Ridge area in northern San Juan County approximately 15 mile south of Moab. The victim was taking pictures of the event and was in an unauthorized area of the track when he was struck by the 4x4 as it came off of a designated jump on the track's course. Contact has been made with the victim's next of kin.

Re:

Selfies. WTF?

I pray for the families on both sides of the tragedy and hope everyone uses this as a personal eye opener into better safety at organized races.

Kel Lawrence

Thoughts go out to the racers who will never forget the moment they ran the guy over. Play dumb games win dumb prizes to the guy who lost his life for that epic pic.....wonder if he got it?

I have ZERO sympathy for the individual who was struck, zero.... The driver on the other hand, I feel unbelievable sadness for him and his family in this trying time

This might come off as asshole-ish, but I'd like to see that phone.

Nope, it would only be asshole-ish if you were glad he died or said something in poor taste like that. He was a grown man, making his own decisions, and deciding to violate the safety rules that were clearly put in place to help keep him from dying or getting hurt.

He was trying to one-up everyone on instagram. By being an idiot.

Wanting to see the pic is no different than spending 30 seconds on liveleak.com or similar.

Hope the best and pray for the race team and his family. That's gotta be hard, even knowing there's nothing you could do to avoid.

I'm sure there will be pictures popping up on some media coverage.

muddinmetal said:
I have ZERO sympathy for the individual who was struck, zero.... The driver on the other hand, I feel unbelievable sadness for him and his family in this trying time

^^^ This.

Shitty situation all around, but If you are on the RACE course, be prepared to become part of it.

I don't understand how some can be so cold hearted, guess yall have never done something stupid that almost or could have cost you your life? Prayers for the people and families involved.

For all the people that were discussing this same situation that could have happened at the srrs race at grayrock, here is an example of a individual breaking the boundary rules at a sanctioned event. I feel sorry for his family and everyone involved, I'm not sure if the family will persue legal action but it may ultimately effect the way that the safety program is operated in our sport while racing if indeed they choose to file

Latest posts

Back