• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I think it's time to talk about the forum

Re:

Wonder why you are having so many issues? I have not had any. Home pc, work pc, phone, all work flawlessly. Last week, Tapatalk had a thing where hitting reply after typing or adding pics in the regular message editor, it would just do nothing. If I went back to quick reply or to advance message editor, it would reply fine. But I think that is/was a Tapatalk issue. I didn't used to have the advance editor button after they implemented the +image box in message editor, and now I do. Its the best for adding pics so you can create a space between image codes as you go (like the way it used to be) so they dont look jumbled up on the desktop site after being posted.

0f936e1d86620ccbe6393968e4e7dfe7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I read through this post. Where do yall think the board stands at this point as far as checking some of these items off the list?

I'm gonna do my best to contribute to the tech section. I've got some more builds/ projects coming up and will try and document as much as possible. Tech is one of my favorite parts of message boards. Seeing how others do things and learning from it.

So tapatalk has been acting up more and more for me. I officially can't post pictures anymore. That was all I used it for (posting pics). Someone said "the forum" needed to update tapatalk, not sure how that works. Just aggravating. I know I'm beating a dead horse but this is a big player in why the forum is going downhill losing folks to other social media venues.

smbroady82 said:
So tapatalk has been acting up more and more for me. I officially can't post pictures anymore. That was all I used it for (posting pics). Someone said "the forum" needed to update tapatalk, not sure how that works. Just aggravating. I know I'm beating a dead horse but this is a big player in why the forum is going downhill losing folks to other social media venues.

the only way I can post pics anymore is to upload them to FB and copy the image code

General users won't continue to use the go around or back door method to get things done. They move on some where else.

I don't use tapatalk but 100% agree on why having it not working is a big deterrent for people to spend time here.

kmcminn said:
I think the board is as slow as it has ever been. Unfortunately fb is killing everything.

While I agree that facebook and instagram are other forms of media drawing a lot of attention, the forum is killing itself with the tech issues that are going on. FB and instagram are terrible for "build threads" and general tech.

Re:

While everyone has their opinions of what's killing the forum, I will throw my opinion in fwiw. Sure trying to post pics and all that can be aggravating if problems occurr, but I don't see that as really making people say **** it, I'm just gonna quit using Hardline. Well, maybe Daniel, because apparently he has the worst Tapatalk luck ever in the history of the innerwebs. Lol

People and the demeanor of a forum is what attracts and keeps people coming back. Camaraderie is the heart of the sport, and most all sports really....it's also the heart of forums based around said sports. When you can log on, have a good time, learn ****, bullshit with other like-minded members, and even heckle in good fun, that creates an atmosphere people want to come back to.

I recall a statement made by now Easyline member Bradley Drake a few years ago about deleting all members that have a join date past something like 2010 (which is when I joined), and while that may have been said somewhat sarcastically, that mindset has been continuously reflected in a few members actions here.

The "og's" liked it better way back when it was a smaller member base. Now that so many have been ran off and Hardline is back to a small member base, everyone wonders what happened....if tech issues have anything to do with it, I think it's a very small percentage of it.

The people that has been a big part of this forum over the years would not think twice about donating enough to cover getting professional tech help to upgrade the forum since Andrew doesn't have time to overhaul. However the people won't donate **** if they are being ran off and stop caring about spending their time here.

These are just my thoughts, I don't need a safe space or any of that ****ing retarded ****, but why in the **** would I want to spend my time here if I'm constantly getting trolled and people are always talking ****?

The people make a forum, when a forum dies, it generally can be blamed on the fact that it's just not as fun to spend time logged in as it once was.

Same thing happened to an old sportbike forum I was on, gixxernation.com. Had more posts there than I did here, was friends with all the mods and site owner, did trackdays with them all, it had a huge peak time, back around 2007-2008. Some time 4 or 5 years later, people just stopped visiting the site as much and eventually the owner sold the site, and it didn't last a year before it died completely and they wiped the entire board and closed it down. There weren't many, if any, cocksuckers on that board, people just got into other things, sold their bikes, etc. A lot of that has happened here as well, but also there have been a bunch of folks ran off from here, and that kind of negativity discourages other lurking members to remain lurkers or stop visiting, because they don't want to deal with the same bullshit they see happening to others. I have heard many times from people saying they wouldn't even think about posting a build thread here because of how every little thing they do would get picked apart.

After the last dumpster fire with Mcminn and BDrake, I quit visiting here all together. Several members messaged/texted me saying don't let them dicks run you off, blah blah. I said well I don't even wheel anymore and after I finish posting shop pics just to complete the thread I have posted in so much, I won't have any reason to visit here anyways. I also said it wont be long and they will have the forum like they want it, where it's just a few of them left, so they can just talk to each other, and wonder where the **** everybody else went. Maybe I hit the bullseye with that one.

I am friends with the Hardliners I care about on Facebook if I want to keep in touch. Seems to be less drama on facebook really, which is ironic given that most people here without facebook think its really the devil. Regardless, the forum may have tech issues that need resolved, but business marketing 101 - people will utilize an inviting place. Hardline hasn't been very inviting at all for me at least, over the last year or so.

Just food for thought. Maybe fixing the forum and making it more user friendly will bring back old and new members and I am wrong all together. Wouldn't be the first time. I have enjoyed my time here and made a lot of great friends that I wish I had the opportunity to spend more time with. Maybe one day when I get burnt out on motorcycles, I will get back in the woods again with some of you. Until then, I will finish up posting shop pics and probably have little reason to visit the site anymore.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I really don't use the general BS discussion forum really. I'll skim it but I really don't care about the drama, bickering, some random persons problems, etc.

The tech is what brought me to the forum. Build threads are being killed b/c of not easily being able to post pictures. I know other builders who have basically given up on HL because of that reason and it truly is a shame.

wizzo said:
I really don't use the general BS discussion forum really. I'll skim it but I really don't care about the drama, bickering, some random persons problems, etc.

The tech is what brought me to the forum. Build threads are being killed b/c of not easily being able to post pictures. I know other builders who have basically given up on HL because of that reason and it truly is a shame.

Wonder why it's hit or miss with Tapatalk on the forum? Daniel says his pretty much won't work at all, several others have problems, but mine works flawlessly and has this whole time. :dunno:

I don't use Tapatalk. I'm in front of a computer enough through the day that I don't feel the need to download an app to use the forum.

Latest posts

Back