• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

I'll be gentle----but just breathing on them---ahhhhh----I have no idea what I am yappin about :haha:

yer confusing them with toyota fenders witch are made from recycled beer cans:booo: jeeps ecspecialy old ones are made of steel. :cheer: however that tub I am not so sure about:haha:

I dont want them if your going to dent them all up tossing them about:booo:

Which is why this dumb Toyota guy was wanting them removed now, or at least VERY carefully later.

Why can't the grill be put on, take whatever measurements, etc, that are needed, then pull it out and remove the fenders.

Which is why this dumb Toyota guy was wanting them removed now, or at least VERY carefully later.

Why can't the grill be put on, take whatever measurements, etc, that are needed, then pull it out and remove the fenders.

Becuse measuring sticks scare me :D

The problem lies I wanna try to keep the grill in line with the body--and once the fenders are gone--its tough to do so--you end up going off the frame and I will put $$ down that the frame isn't on the money......

Becuse measuring sticks scare me :D

The problem lies I wanna try to keep the grill in line with the body--and once the fenders are gone--its tough to do so--you end up going off the frame and I will put $$ down that the frame isn't on the money......

Well, you da man but just remember that I traded Pokey the fenders for the pedals so please be NICE to the fenders when they are removed.

Well, you da man but just remember that I traded Pokey the fenders for the pedals so please be NICE to the fenders when they are removed.

Oh I know he will be nice to them. Crash dont you love it when the customer wont let you do your job:haha: Sorry dale but its just that I run into that so much and with these dang remodeling shows on tv it getting worse. Its always Ty did it this way or they did it like this on devine design:mad:

Oh I know he will be nice to them. Crash dont you love it when the customer wont let you do your job:haha: Sorry dale but its just that I run into that so much and with these dang remodeling shows on tv it getting worse. Its always Ty did it this way or they did it like this on devine design:mad:

Oh ya--I will be gentle----- Oh I always get my way :haha:

And this is nutin--try building a rig for scott lackey :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Not that I do anything of your caliber Crash but when I have someone trying to look over my shoulder I stop working and sit on a stool...after a bit they ask why I'm not working on their stuff. I tell them I'm on strike till they leave me the fawk alone to get it done. :haha:

I guess I'm not as PC as you are.... :D

I see your point on leaving the fenders on, but I also see the reasoning for taking them off... ot like you can't wing it and get it right back where it is now with the fenders removed along with the grille.

I give him plenty of freedom to do what's right, as long as it's within the scope of what I want.

I wasn't sure that he read the post about Pokey wanting the fenders and it's way easier to get at the bolts with the engine out of the way.

I'm not sure why it matters if the grill is aligned with the fenders, if they fenders are going anyway. Seems to me (not that I'm a great fab guy either) that it'd be easier to put the grill where you NEED it to be, since you don't have to line up with the sheetmetal fenders. Moving it forward, it it still fits under the hood, may allow a little more room for the fan and radiator, which is already going to be VERY tight.

I was actually being a smart ass :haha:

The only problem with removing the fenders is just trying to get the nose square--and its easier with the fenders in place--but I an easily work around that... The rust on the thing scares me for removing stufff....

LOL what a saga, I read through the whole thing and am amazed at what a Dad will do for a 5yo, and how a mechanic will bite his tongue. This has been quite the project to this point and is still on going. I asked crash a while back for gear help and now see why with his run to Ca., his work, and all the preasure put on him afterwork didnt get me any results.

Gibby love ya man, but your project is a complete basket case that you dropped into Crashes lap, he has to pay bills, has to have a personal life, and does work on the side like yours and you push him like a slave driver, it is a wonder Crash dosenot tell you all to go to hell. Yes he is being paid, he takes on this work, and does great work but to take a man like him and press him and he is class all the way through I think you all need to give him a break, step back and let him work.

Otherwise go to the next day shops and their work....

It's back in service :)

TooRisky. my boy is 7 now, he was 5 when it all started...

I'm plenty patient, I just get all excited when I start to see progress.

This wasn't a basketcase it was MUCH worse than that! Don't offend the basketcase LOL!

Did we ever figure out what tranny this is?

Jaydog said:
Jaydog called back, he THINKS it was a T-90 but it COULD have been a T-18. It was so long ago that I ordered parts and adaptors, I don't remember....

White Trash said:
T-18 is a 4 speed with granny low. the trans case is about 12" A t-90 is a 3 speed with a case length of under 9".

This the best we've got.

Back