• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

no you cant just put a high hood on it. A 3b has a differant cowl on the tub as well so they dont interchange. Rob stafford (Dianaimals husband) might still have a hood with a bubble on it in stock. the pickle fork type adds about 3" you can borrow mine if you want to see if it will work.

What's a "pickle fork type"?

your getting to be too much work dale. Had to go out in the cold in my pjs just to get you these pics.:booo: This one is rough (and dirty) but you should get the idea.

Attachments

• hood1.jpg
    hood1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 347
  • hood2.jpg
    hood2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 350
  • hood3.jpg
    hood3.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 346
Yeah, that would be cool! Thanks Pokey.

I bet Crash'll find a way to make it fit under the hood :)

Nice build! I enjoyed (sorry) reading about some of the problems that you've ran into. I can relate to several of them when building my 58'. I know its not a flattie but the chassis is the same.

I hate you having the shopcam down. I can't tell if you got anything accomplished tonight or not.:booo:

I hate you having the shopcam down. I can't tell if you got anything accomplished tonight or not.:booo:

I spent close to 2 hours trying to figure out where that compressor can go. All I gotta say the way the front of these motors are--what a pile. There is not going to be any room to put this thing. Withe the dist inf ront--the lower output on the passenger side and the upper right in the middle (to the passenger side of the dist) there just isn't any place to put it. with trying to put it where the stock compressor goes--you run into the issue of the compressor being so high--there is no way to cross support any bracing--but thats just a part of it. There is no way to even get a belt to it--then you would have to make it adjustable somehow.. Its just a big mess--get me a 4.3 and I can make that work--ugh.....

The other possable location--would put the compresssor down into the frame rail--but the same problem with the belts except it would have to run off the alt belt and--thats not going work(nor will I do it due to other rigs I have tried and eneded up being too many belt issues)....

OK, so the York has to go somewhere else, like a different rig I guess. I'm thinking on my trailer with an small electric motor to drive it and a decent size air tank. I hear a portable shop being built on my trailer. I use the trailer to haul the kids quads around as well so having this setup on the trailer wouldn't be a bad thing anyway. I have a 12v power supply to the trailer and I'm putting a battery on there for a receiver mount winch anyway.

Move on past the compressor. I'll have to go the electric compressor route. Keep a location for an air tank in mind however, as well as wiring for the switch. I'll use the same setup as my 4Runner with a pressure switch.

Wouldn't this be a good time to remove the fenders since we're not going to use them anyway?

Back