• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

Jaydog called back, he THINKS it was a T-90 but it COULD have been a T-18. It was so long ago that I ordered parts and adaptors, I don't remember....

PS, fix your webcam, it's pointing at the floor...

Well after a bunch of cleaning/prep work and some parts---The motor is back to where it should be--and guess what I can't turn this one over :redneck:

gmb42.jpg

gmb43.jpg

At this point I was going to toss it into the rig--but I am going to finish ripping all the stock pedal stuff out--plus I am pretty sure I will have to modifiy the clutch arm..

Well after a bunch of cleaning/prep work and some parts---The motor is back to where it should be--and guess what I can't turn this one over :redneck:

You CAN or CAN'T turn this one over...

I have some bling bling chrome valve covers still sitting at Jaydog's house...

Oh and I got the pilot bearing figured out. Found a typical SB was the right OD.. The ID was about .2" too small so I drilled/honed it out and got a perfect fit :awesomework:

This one will be ----wiring up blind folded,lol... But thats a ways off still as there really is ALOT of work left to get to that point.....

Yes, please rip out the home made wiring crap.

PS, If the engine compartment is cleaned out enough with the engine out and the wiring out, can you spray some black over the white? Jackson want's it black.. If not, no biggy but it's obviously the easiest to do with everything out of the way...

You CAN or CAN'T turn this one over...

I have some bling bling chrome valve covers still sitting at Jaydog's house...

Take Can't and remove the ' :redneck: Damn mind thinking one thing and the fingers thinking another...

Chrome---ugh--now ya tell me :booo:

Yes, please rip out the home made wiring crap.

PS, If the engine compartment is cleaned out enough with the engine out and the wiring out, can you spray some black over the white? Jackson want's it black.. If not, no biggy but it's obviously the easiest to do with everything out of the way...

There is alot of firewall work to go--there will be alot of bare metal so ya---black can go back in its place---I hate the white too

So I got all the crap yanked off I wanted to--I got the bright idea of trying to figure out the drive belt accessories--and luckily when pokey came up last time dale gave him a load of forgoten stuff. Well a bracket that was in that stuff solved the mystery of the brackets. Well at least it looks like it did....

gmb44.jpg

Man these things had an odd style of brackets. Everything fell into place bujt the alternator alignment is off--so I will have to look into that. Dale also wanted OBA and had a york with the goods---well I started eye balling it and I aint sure there is going to be room. There is a nice large area under the alt--but the inlet to the water pump is right there--soI have some more measuring/figuring to do before to see if it will/won't fit...

What's supposed to be mounted at the top drivers side in that funny bracket? If it was supposed to be an AC compressor can we put the York in there? The rest of that bracket can go if that's what it was for.

PS, you turned your web cam off?

What's supposed to be mounted at the top drivers side in that funny bracket? If it was supposed to be an AC compressor can we put the York in there? The rest of that bracket can go if that's what it was for.

PS, you turned your web cam off?

Ya thats where the compressor went--but your talking an axial style vs. the york a radial--plus the york is MUCH bigger. And to run it properly your talking it being mounted verticle--so its going to be way high--where the hood hieght comes into the problem too. But all my measurements are prelimenary and should have a better idea tommorow evening.

Ya the shop PC is pissed again----I do in fact believe I have a female computer out there :redneck:

But heck--at least I figured the important stuff out,lol....

Ya thats where the compressor went--but your talking an axial style vs. the york a radial--plus the york is MUCH bigger. And to run it properly your talking it being mounted verticle--so its going to be way high--where the hood hieght comes into the problem too. But all my measurements are prelimenary and should have a better idea tommorow evening.

Ya the shop PC is pissed again----I do in fact believe I have a female computer out there :redneck:

But heck--at least I figured the important stuff out,lol....

If they hood's too low, cut a hole in it. We'll put a scoop on it and maybe a raised air cleaner if you need to make the York fit up high. Don't forget that I want the fenders off and put in a tube fender so that should leave some hood height options..

If they hood's too low, cut a hole in it. We'll put a scoop on it and maybe a raised air cleaner if you need to make the York fit up high. Don't forget that I want the fenders off and put in a tube fender so that should leave some hood height options..

More tube--I can do that:redneck:

But the big issue with a hole--its going to be way out and on the drivers side----hood scoop the size of the hood :redneck:

More tube--I can do that:redneck:

But the big issue with a hole--its going to be way out and on the drivers side----hood scoop the size of the hood :redneck:

Yeah, more tube. I'm trading the fenders to Pokey in exchange for the pedals.

Hmm, how can be make this into a high hood????? A small raised section the hood...?????

Yeah, more tube. I'm trading the fenders to Pokey in exchange for the pedals.

Hmm, how can be make this into a high hood????? A small raised section the hood...?????

no you cant just put a high hood on it. A 3b has a differant cowl on the tub as well so they dont interchange. Rob stafford (Dianaimals husband) might still have a hood with a bubble on it in stock. the pickle fork type adds about 3" you can borrow mine if you want to see if it will work.

Back