• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy - EOR Racing #4462

Re: Matt O's S&N Fab Buggy Updates & KOH Prep/Rebuild

Well I am in the final stages of getting mine ready. I cleaned it up and used the Woods technique on my AL, holy **** the polished pieces look great! I put the window nets on last night and I may have an issue with the front edges as the flop over and don't stay up. Have some more little stuff to do, hope it is finished up this week. I am going to take a few pics once it is race ready with the new skins. Jamie and P are coming over Sunday to help me give it the once over.

Thanks again for all those that helped me with this undertaking. Too many to list, but it is all appreciated. We hope to make you all proud!

Im bringing a load of stuff to trailer up too... Im sure your exicted ! laughing1 Gen, Fridge , Fitty, axle shafts from TurboJoe... any other larger items you can think of I need to bring ? Let me know what tools you want me to bring, I know you have a grip of stuff and I dont want to be over loading with the kinda space constraint's were working with ! :dblthumb:

P said:
Im bringing a load of stuff to trailer up too... Im sure your exicted ! laughing1 Gen, Fridge , Fitty, axle shafts from TurboJoe... any other larger items you can think of I need to bring ? Let me know what tools you want me to bring, I know you have a grip of stuff and I dont want to be over loading with the kinda space constraint's were working with ! :dblthumb:

Pack a bag full of big sockets, 1/2" drives, big wrenches, hammers & mallets, etc. I have 1/4, 3/8 and smaller 1/2 stuff covered. Most of my hardware is using 5/8 or 3/4 bolts. I was wondering on the shafts, glad he got them to somebody! This is gonna be a blast, thanks again!

Don't forget to bring extra Beeeniee Weenieees :dblthumb:

It is so clost to 100% it is not even funny. It will be good by Sunday. I remounted the GPS last night and it may work now, still don't know yet. It is easier to see for sure. I put the new skins on and stickered them up. It looks really good ready for the race with numbers and all. I also added the ball valve to the return line, so I just have the return line to add the last one to. Gonna tighten bolts and mount up my light bar as soon as Jimmy gets it done!

Why do you have a gps. :dunno: Just curious not trying to churn up drama.

kid rok said:

Causet the course is 85+ miles in the middle of nowhere.

I am not sure if it works yet, but I hope it will

kid rok said:
If you transfer to the main race a GPS is more or less a necessity. They load the course data to it and in pre-running you can mark hazards on it, etc. Good tool to have if you are not familiar with the terrain.

Yeah I understand the importance of the GPS, and no the LCQ is less than 5 miles. I am working on another unit for the race, should I get in. I cannot do anything more with new mounts, I just need a GPS that uses an external antenna

Matt take the unit apart & install an external antenna. you can gat them at most electronic dealers for satelitte radios. should not be too hard if that is what you nee to do.

edit just saw in the other thread that it is borrowed unit so that probably wont be an option. might be worth a look in the back. maybe it could be temp.

I know it is not on the same level as all these blingy KOH rigs, but it was bought/re-done on a much smaller budget. I like it and I think it can hang! Thanks again to all the people that helped me out with the changes:

Essentially Offroad & Bilstein
BFGoodrich
Branik Motorsports
Grote
Howe Performance
Winchline.com
Lynn Johnson Collision Repair
Truck Supply & Outfitters
Hardline Crawlers and Friends

P has the passenger side T-handle to cut it down. Light bar to mount those killer lights should be here this week, along with my EOR stickers. Other than that it is ready to load in the trailer. Only thing I cannot get to work is the GPS. I guess it cannot pick up the signal where it is mounted. I am out of mounting options, so I guess I have to nut up and buy one with an external antenna. I finally put the new skins on and they looks great. I also used the immaculate technique to clean up the polished aluminum, that stuff is shiner that it has ever been! We are ready, gonna be a blast!

I think it has come a long way since the day I bought it:
SNFabBuggy001.jpg

SNFabBuggy236.jpg

SNFabBuggy237.jpg

SNFabBuggy238.jpg

SNFabBuggy240.jpg

SNFabBuggy243.jpg

SNFabBuggy246.jpg

SNFabBuggy247.jpg

SNFabBuggy250.jpg

SNFabBuggy252.jpg

Impressive MattO, very well done. That rig might not have all the bells and whistles like some of the others, but no one can say that rig ain't a contender. You and your helpers and sponsors have done a great job in presenting a rig that most wheelers can afford and build without the corporate mega monies. Proud to say I have wheeled with ya in that rig man. :****:

The bitch does work, that is all that really matters. It was built in 03 and has a 11 year old motor, but it works and it has been tested!

Matt, call up my Dad about that big Hardline hood/roof sticker. The one he bought he hasn't used yet, thought you might want it.

Back