• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy - EOR Racing #4462

Re: Matt O's S&N Fab Buggy Updates & KOH Prep/Rebuild

Matt O. said:
I dropped it off with Al for exhaust today. He has some good ideas for it, gonna sound wicked I think! Also gonna get him to change the cam to save me some time. He has a really nice shop, tons of cool stuff around there. His personal rig is really damn cool, lots of nice parts on it!

So much for Crawlin, rock bouncin here I come. Off with the stickies and helllloooo 44's. :driving:

Your in denial MattO, the force is too strong. :flipoff1:

CHASMAN9 said:
So much for Crawlin, rock bouncin here I come. Off with the stickies and helllloooo 44's. :driving:

Your in denial MattO, the force is too strong. :flipoff1:

Teach me the ways Obie Won! Just trying to wake it up a little :****:

HAH, after this past weekend I think I will buy back my Comp's and put a propane 22r in the squirrel nest. FAIL. pay to party.

Re: Matt O's Buggy Updates & Essentially Offroad KOH Rebuild & Prep

Al called me this AM and fired it up for me. She sounds nasty with the new cam and open headers. Exhaust is next!!!

Matt O. said:
Al called me this AM and fired it up for me. She sounds nasty with the new cam and open headers. Exhaust is next!!!

Get Big Al to bend em like Woodlee's while he is at it. :woot: :woot:

Ill trade you straight across for dubs back with the sticky's greg.

I wanna do some mud whompin and rock bouncin ! All the cool kids are doing it !! :driving:

P said:
Ill trade you straight across for dubs back with the sticky's greg.

I wanna do some mud whompin and rock bouncin ! All the cool kids are doing it !! :driving:

Amber told me I could not trade with you any more until she got her MBZ and Movado. :flipoff1: Besides, I would want you pist off cause chit was going south on you with them big dawgs. :eek:

I just wanna listen to mine idle all day, it has a nice lope now! The exhaust will be killer, big Al does great work that is a fact. It is cool to have someone as excited as you about the changes to your rig ;D

The water pump had ruined seals and that caused the bearings to go bad again. They are warranting the work for me and told me the debris is getting in through the weep holes and messing up the seals. They said I can silicone those holes up since I am getting it dirty all the time.

Mountainside is gonna be fun, gonna get the CPU flashed after that ride to help with the new mods

Holy Crap, all I can say is WOW! I still don't have a water pump, but from pulling it off and on the trailer it is nuts. It has a lot of low end punch and it sounds downright nasty at idle.

The exhaust that Al did is really nice. All mandrel bends, two straight into one with no restriction. 2.5" at the headers to 3" and out a round magnaflow stainless muffler, with a stainless turndown tip. It is all tucked up in the belly and exits just past the skid. Completeley removable with a couple bolts, since I want to coat it all down the road. I will get some pics up ASAP. If you ever need exhaust work I would recommend Al Raven to anyone. Attention to detail and work are top notch.

The computer is not tuned yet, and will not be before Mountainside, but that should add even more.

You know your wrong for posting without pics of the exhaust..... :wtflol:

Yea Big Al has been doin exhaust for a long time now and really knows his shiot when it comes to makeing it look nice and neat and sound narlly as hell. :****: :dblthumb:

Matt, you did the cam with the stock lifters, correct? Any special break-in instructions?

Al had asked me to take some pics of the exhaust, finally got around to it.

All madrel bent, this is the front
SNFabBuggy255.jpg

Bolt in flange, so I can remove the whole setup with ease
SNFabBuggy256.jpg

This is where 2 go to 1. This is a straight dump into the main pipe, no angle and a straight through design. Nice execution
SNFabBuggy257.jpg

Headers I put on
SNFabBuggy258.jpg

Stainless Magnaflow muller, with 3" stainless turndown! Dat's right!!! Very clean work and it is up out of the way
SNFabBuggy259.jpg

This has nothing to do with this, but I had to throw this pic in
Dat's riiiiiiight!
DSC_0055.jpg

video!! or :gtfo: or :ban:

whats the consensus on which magnaflow to run? I am considering buying some headers later on this spring and getting my exhaust done up right. its decent, but needs more flow.

nice job AL
will have to redo mine one day when the coils get put on the rear

honestly just constructive critisism, but what good is running the two pipes together at the drivers side header doing and then NOT going to three inch right there... you essentially have two pipes running through one two and a half inch pipe the way they merge at the drivers collector.... if three inch was used further down the system then it is simply for looks... and that doesnt look like mandrel bent pipe to me, it is more than suffecient, but looks like it was just bent on a regular bender....

Can't run 3" where the two come together, not enough room. It is about 1/8" from hitting the upper link at full compression where it is now. My setup is a tough one becaue of the lack of space on the driver's side.

If you were not so far away and I had a free weekend you would of done it!

Anyways I am happy with the looks and the sound. Gonna have it coated at some point. Sounds pretty good to me. Much more aggressive. The computer without a flash hates life with the new cam. It will make it one ride, then it will get sent to Jim's Perf

Matt O. said:
The computer without a flash hates life with the new cam. It will make it one ride, then it will get sent to Jim's Perf

I was wondering about that. Are you just going to send the specs to Jim and he will tune the comp? Looking good dude. Stoked to see it coming together so nice. Wish you were coming to RC with us.

74_Chevota said:
I was wondering about that. Are you just going to send the specs to Jim and he will tune the comp? Looking good dude. Stoked to see it coming together so nice. Wish you were coming to RC with us.

Yeah Jim has done a few tunes for the 5.7 with Ramjet cam, so he has the program on lock. I just can't justify the KOH stuff with a new baby on the way. You guys will have a blast!

Made a few more small upgrades, actually if these problems would have presented themselves prior to KOH then we would of done really damn well. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

My fan was wired backwards and was not designed to spin that way, so the motor gave up. I thought the fan was SPAL before, turns out it wasn't. It is now. Went with a 16" SPAL Puller that puts out 2500 CFM. Really nice unit.

Also I swapped to PSC Steering because my system was mismatched and honestly I have had better luck with PSC in the past. Moved my resevoir to right on top of the pump, kept my lines and cooler. Steering is super now. Resevoir is WAY bigger and the feed line is about 6" long now. Jamie and I took it for a joy ride on Tuesday, wow it is fast!!! I will get some pics up

Back