• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy - EOR Racing #4462

Re: Matt O's S&N Fab Buggy Updates & KOH Prep/Rebuild

Rig looks great...good luck to ya out west...keepin my fingers crossed for all you guys to do well...Whatever the outcome, I know it will be an experience you guys will never forget. Btw P needs a sign he can toss up as you go by folks like this... :flipgotcha:

It looks awesome, I really like your buggy, its come along way pretty quickly! Does it sit higher now, or is that the pics, I cannot tell? :dunno:

I know Im just the "co driver" or whatever but it really means alot to have everyone pulling for us and errrr thang.

thanks for the support fellar's !

Just the co-driver, ****. That means a lot in this race. I bet you get some seat time out there for sho!

Marty it sits a touch higher than when I got it. Probably 2 inches. The rear does not have tools, jack or spare in the pics also

Matt, looks great!! glad you were able to pull it all together for this, should be an unbelieveable experience for sure! the Hardline crew really stepped up to help you out! again, great job and GOOD LUCK IN LCQ!!!!! :driving: :driving: :woot:

Just thought this was kinda cool and appropriate. My rig in 2005 on Back Door

hammers05073.jpg

hammers05072.jpg

Matt, when you are prerunning. Pick 3+ different lines. Figure there will be rigs working or broke on your first two preferences. Look for something you know you can do, that others may not look to as a line.

So, I merged the original topic when I got my buggy and made some small changes with my KOH prep/rebuild thread.

Update for those that missed it:
We went to the King of the Hammers race and placed 9th in the LCQ. We started the race 53rd, and finished 37th (missed the offical cut off time by about 20 minutes but we made it all 83 miles) ;D Story is here:http://hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=5398.0

No real mechanical problems except running hot at speed. Found out later my electric fan was wired backwards and was acting as an air dam at speed. Also had a WP go out on me after the race. Other than that the rig is fine. The race made me realize I need to address cooling issues and get a little bit of power. I pulled the WP to be repaired under warranty, just sent it back prior to the race. Also fixed the fan wiring, installed a new mechanical temp gauge and plan to run some fluid restrictors in the rad lines to slow down the flow since my pump is 55 gallons per minute or some crap like that.

On the power side I am trying to add some good low end torque on a budget. My stock mainfolds look like **** and I wanted some headers. Got a set of Headman's from Summit and I am pulling off all the old and putting the new headers on. I wanted a really nice flowing exhaust that sounded good, I am going to take it to Big AL in Jacksonville, AL. He uses all mandrel bends and tells me it will look and sound great, and be completely removable so I can unbolt it have it coated later. Several people have told me that a RamJet cam wll really wake up my 5.7L vortec (L31 motor) and will swap right in. Jim's Peformance told me a guy sells them on ebay for cheap. Sure enough $60 gets you a take out Ram Jet 350 cam. Lastly, I am going to have Jim's flash my ECM to take advantage of all the new mods. Should be good for an extra 50HP and maybe even more TQ. Hopefully this is the last set of mods for a while, but I think they will make the rig much more fun! Best part is I will be really close to being under 1k total for all the mods. Not bad for the benefits I am getting.

Matt O. said:
Several people have told me that a RamJet cam wll really wake up my 5.7L vorte and will swap right in. Jim's Peformance told me a guy sells them on ebay for cheap. Sure enough $60 gets you a take out Ram Jet 350 cam. Lastly, I am going to have Jim's flash my ECM to take advantage of all the new mods. Should be good for an extra 50HP and maybe even more TQ. Hopefully this is the last set of mods for a while, but I think they will make the rig much more fun!

Thanks for the info Matt. I am definitely down for the cam change this coming winter or after I get in the new house ::). Keep us informed on how much you think it helps after you are done. booyang

Shoot me a PM about exhaust... you know Im in the same boat and I want to get mine done ASAP as well. Im tired of my headers backing off and Im tired of all the leaks and crap. What mufflers are you going with ?

P said:
Shoot me a PM about exhaust... you know Im in the same boat and I want to get mine done ASAP as well. Im tired of my headers backing off and Im tired of all the leaks and crap. What mufflers are you going with ?

No idea on the muffler, I am letting Big Al handle that. He has some ideas to make it sound good. Biggest thing is getting it to flow well where the 2 go into 1, hence the mandrel bends and new y pipe. I am looking fwd to having a nice header/exhaust setup. I need to remove two small tube braces on each side to fit the headers. Pulled the old stuff out last night, just need to cut out the exhuast tubing!

Matt, any pics of the light bar on the buggy?

Willymutt said:
Matt, any pics of the light bar on the buggy?

It got 86'd. It mounted in the middle of the roof and I was worrying about destroying some nice lights if it were to roll. I gave them back to my father in law to use.

Jimmys loves reading that... :wtflol:

On the subject of lights... holy crap the ones from Greg are big as fawk ! :eek: I got a pile of "your" **** at my house in the garage

:****:

P said:
Jimmys loves reading that... :wtflol:

On the subject of lights... holy crap the ones from Greg are big as fawk ! :eek: I got a pile of "your" **** at my house in the garage

:****:

I apologized to Jimmy already, he said no problem it was easy and didn't take much time

Yeah the lights from Gregg are huge, will probably just go back with what was in there. Send that pile of goodies my way sometime, would like to get the steering parts.

I dropped it off with Al for exhaust today. He has some good ideas for it, gonna sound wicked I think! Also gonna get him to change the cam to save me some time. He has a really nice shop, tons of cool stuff around there. His personal rig is really damn cool, lots of nice parts on it!

Back