• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy - EOR Racing #4462

Re: Matt O's Buggy Updates & Essentially Offroad KOH Rebuild & Prep

CheapJ7 said:
how much u payin... :afro:

I will pay you in beer and insults :flipoff1: Then as a reward I will show you the motocross track in the woods behind my place :fish:

Matt O. said:
Then as a reward I will show you the motocross track in the woods behind my place :fish:

The hunt is on. booyang

haha, Alright... But my prior experiences of getting paid in beer ends up with a faltering end product... :flipoff1:

You guys would like the bike track, I guess it is part of the new stuff they are doing in gdale. I went exploring in my back yard and came across a well marked path, there are even bridges and stuff for the water crossings. I only followed it for a ways but it turned and paralleled the power lines so who knows how long it goes for..

Is your carrier bearing spun, did it pull of by hand. i would at least sleeve retain if so. them there high pinions in the rear of those rock climbers is black voodo i tell ya.

ECGS said:
them there high pinions in the rear of those rock climbers is black voodo i tell ya.

I know, I know. It is what it is until it blows up again. The Dynatrac housing has a lot of beneifts, HP is not one of them

Unit is stripped down. Hope to have it in a few weeks. Jimmy is doing some cool stuff to it!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Matt O. said:
Unit is stripped down. Hope to have it in a few weeks. Jimmy is doing some cool stuff to it!

Cool, do you see where he cut the tubing off on the right side near the bottom? What did he do that for? Looks kind of funny. :dunno:

Those were the old shock mounts like I told you. THey connected the outer frame rail and the bar behind the cell.

what all are you having done? (other than the rear shock mounts..)

R&P, Locker, Shock Mounts (Mine were bent), ram guard (mine was thrashed), dash, windshield, door bars, etc. Mostly just some small stuff that needed changing.

No clue man, that looks like the right one. They use the same cam for the RamJet and the 383 crate motors. Yeah that sucks as I paid $60 for mine. I was told ebay was hit or miss on them. Sometimes they have them, sometimes they don't.

Matt O. said:
No clue man, that looks like the right one. They use the same cam for the RamJet and the 383 crate motors. Yeah that sucks as I paid $60 for mine. I was told ebay was hit or miss on them. Sometimes they have them, sometimes they don't.

Thanks. I will keep an eye on eBay.

Beyer said:
Thanks. I will keep an eye on eBay.

What cam are you looking for? :dunno: I have my take out that has about 4 hours on it. From an old school 350ci, but with a bunch more bump. G

I have a take out out of a GM Goodwrench 383. Never ran. It is the HT383 motor. You can look up the specs by that.

CHASMAN9 said:
What cam are you looking for? :dunno: I have my take out that has about 4 hours on it. From an old school 350ci, but with a bunch more bump. G

I want the Ramjet 350 cam because Jim's performance already has a computer tune for those specs. Thanks though.

John Galbreath Jr. said:
I have a take out out of a GM Goodwrench 383. Never ran. It is the HT383 motor. You can look up the specs by that.

According to this, the HT383 is the same cam as the ramjet 350. Not sure how to find out for sure. Would Jim's Performance know?

14097395 - Hydraulic Roller Camshaft -HT383 Crate/Ramjet 350 14097395

Detailed Description
This hydraulic roller design is used on the 383 truck and Ramjet 350.

The duration at lash point in degrees (intake/exhaust) is 288/308; duration at .050" tappet lift (intake/exhaust) is 196/206 and maximum lift with 1.5:1 rocker ratio (intake/exhaust) is 431/451. Valve lash is zero/zero and lobe centerline is 109 degrees.

This camshaft is a great upgrade for 1996-2000 Chevy/GMC trucks equipped with the L31 Vortec 350 Engine. This cam is great for additional bottom end torque. If installed in one of these trucks, a custom computer re-program is needed.

Lifters are not included.

If lifters and timing chain set are needed, see link below:

Yeah I think you are good. all those motors use the same cam from what I read. You can call Jim's perf if you want to verify, he knows most everything about those motors.

Back