• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ulsd

Binder

You guys may have already heard this but there has been lots of guys having issues with the new ULSD fuel. Shops say their servicing stuck injectors and selling injector pumps at a very high rate. Started when the fuel started to change over. I'm going to start running additive.

I added 1/2 qt of TC-W3 outboard (2-stroke) oil on the last fill-up... engine is noticeabily quieter (I have a loud 24v and it's only been louder since the switchover). People on DTR and NWbombers are saying the 2-stroke oil adds in some extra lubricity that is missing from ULSD. If you buy the SuperTech stuff from wal-mart in the 1 gallon jug, it costs a little more than 1.00 per fill-up and seems to do the same thing as the other expensive lubricity additives.

While we're on the subject of additives... anyone running any anti-gel additives or do you just count on the diesel coming out of the pump to be "winterized"? I haven't had any gelling problems at all and it's gotten wicked cold here a few times in the last month...

Last edited:
My gasser runs great on low buck am/pm fuel :flipoff:
and with the money I save on cheaper fuel and not adding additive I can get a slice of pizza :flipoff:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

ULSD is causing the tips to blow off the Ford Injectors (Powerchokes are REAL sensitive). Plus the fuel/water separator drain starts to leak, the new fuel is eating away at the seals. Dodges are going through injection pumps at a much faster rate. Mike said he sees about 6 a week in the shop now needing new injection pumps.

I love my 12 valve. It may be dead because of me, but atleast when it's running, it'll run on anything :clappy:

I am running 1 qt TC-W3 outboard (2-stroke) oil per Tank. Definitely quieter and makes a little smoke when I nail it...:clappy: Also found some fuel in Silverdale $2.19 a gallon:D

i havent read anything over on the duramax boards about this yet, so i asked. but any of you guys know if the duramax is having any issue with ulsd?

no issues other then poor fuel mileage, but that's everyone running it.

And I don't need to dump oil into my tank to make it smoke :flipoff:

XJOE said:
Also found some fuel in Silverdale $2.19 a gallon:D
Last week it was 2.02 per gallon at the same spot. Shitty thing is you go down the way and it is 2.75 per gallon. What a racket.:rolleyes:

Lucky Jeff said:
no issues other then poor fuel mileage, but that's everyone running it.

And I don't need to dump oil into my tank to make it smoke :flipoff:

No but you'd have to put the head back on it!:stirpot:

PORTER said:
Last week it was 2.02 per gallon at the same spot. Shitty thing is you go down the way and it is 2.75 per gallon. What a racket.:rolleyes:

No kidding. in goldbar its 2.59 and saw it in everett for $3.09 :wtf:

Binder said:
Place by my house had Diesel for less than regular. Price seems to jump around a lot.
Enjoy your pizza.:flipoff:

PORTER said:

If you guys are seeing prices that low, something shady is going on. Wholesale price hasn't even been that low...

benw said:
If you guys are seeing prices that low, something shady is going on. Wholesale price hasn't even been that low...

But isn't wholesale priced by zone? I know retail price is--or at least how it was explained to me...

It varies by location and distributor, there is a service that publishes a statewide rack price report. Dealer & jobber contract price can vary from the report, but not by much.

they are probably running old motor oil in it, it may not be true ULSD. So yes my bet is on somthing shady.

Latest posts

Back