• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ulsd

Eric said:
they are probably running old motor oil in it, it may not be true ULSD. So yes my bet is on somthing shady.
I know alot of people running it with no probs. Its a union 76 station, so i wouldnt think anything would be shady. Says ULSD right at the pump. Both 76 stations in town have the lowest prices and are within 5 cents of each other.

Little Red Zuk said:
Anybody know of any problems on the ULSD on the older (IDI) Ford 7.3?

ya--they are spittin parts left/right

Oh wait--that was before the new fuel came out :haha: :haha:

PORTER said:
I know alot of people running it with no probs. Its a union 76 station, so i wouldnt think anything would be shady. Says ULSD right at the pump. Both 76 stations in town have the lowest prices and are within 5 cents of each other.

Just because it is a 76 branded station doesn't mean it is owned by 76. There are few "corporate" owned stations anymore, most are owned by a jobber or dealer. Is that station on an indian reservation?

Well something weird is going on, if its not an indian owned station. They had to be losing at least 30 cents per gallon selling at 2.02. You should stop in there and ask them how they can sell diesel so much cheaper than everyone else.

Last edited:
benw said:
Well something weird is going on, if its not an indian owned station. They had to be losing at least 30 cents per gallon selling at 2.02. You should stop in there and ask them how they can sell diesel so much cheaper than everyone else.
I have done that. Employees dont know shiat. My guess is that they got a surplus of LSD and they are blowing it out. We will never know though. Today it is up to 2.19 per gallon diesel. Who knows.

PORTER said:
I have done that. Employees dont know shiat. My guess is that they got a surplus of LSD and they are blowing it out. We will never know though. Today it is up to 2.19 per gallon diesel. Who knows.
If that's the case and they've already got the ULSD stickers on the pumps they're probably breaking federal law. :corn:

skrause said:
If that's the case and they've already got the ULSD stickers on the pumps they're probably breaking federal law. :corn:
Just a guess dude, and just that. I dont care as long as its good quality fuel.

PORTER said:
Just a guess dude, and just that. I dont care as long as its good quality fuel.
I know, just saying, if that's the case.... Speaking of kwality, I filled up at the safeway in Graham for 2.39 on sunday. Usually pay about .20-30 more up here. Funny thing, my mileage went down about a mile per. :wtf:

diesel it self is a poor quality fuel. from what im gathering though us commonrail guys have nothing to worry about. so for you cummins guys that 04 and newer correct?

skinny_pedal said:
diesel it self is a poor quality fuel. from what im gathering though us commonrail guys have nothing to worry about. so for you cummins guys that 04 and newer correct?
24v, the 12v guys have a different setup.

Out of curiosity, I called the 5 76 stations listed in Silverdale, first one said they didn't quote prices over the phone, got all pissy and hung up on me when I pressed them. :rolleyes:, The next one was 2.75, next two don't sell diesel (4th guy didn't speak english,so I'm not 100% sure), and the last had a disconnected number. I'm guessing the first one (9215 Silverdale Way NW) is the one w/ the cheap diesel, I am very curious what they've got going on.

skrause said:
24v, the 12v guys have a different setup.
No he's talking 3rd gen common rail.. that's 03+, 24 valves from 98.5-02 are having the most difficulty out of the dodges, but they always have. The 12 valves can run on damn near anything and not have any issues. However I did notice my truck didn't like water in the fuel all that much, I could tell it was in there when I would run up a grade. Only station that ever caused that was the un-manned station down in Sumner.

Lucky Jeff said:
No he's talking 3rd gen common rail.. that's 03+, 24 valves from 98.5-02 are having the most difficulty out of the dodges, but they always have. The 12 valves can run on damn near anything and not have any issues. However I did notice my truck didn't like water in the fuel all that much, I could tell it was in there when I would run up a grade. Only station that ever caused that was the un-manned station down in Sumner.
My bad. I'm a Dodge noob. :redneck: Those were the bad lift pump years, no?

That reminds me, I need to check the seperator when I change my oil this weekend. Thanks!

skrause said:
My bad. I'm a Dodge noob. :redneck: Those were the bad lift pump years, no?

Not only that but those are the years they used the Bosch VP44 injection pump, which is a turd whether you're running ULSD or LSD. ULSD is just a tad bit harder on it.

BTW, you whiners can shut it about diesel prices. :flipoff: There's nothing lower than 2.83 over here. :mad:

I've been adding the Stanadyne stuff for a while now...I'm still getting about 600 miles from a full tank of fuel...that's daily driving & highway, not towing.

i am starting to have problems with the injector pump and nozzels on my 6.2...my dad made one trip to idaho and back in his 6.2 and lost 2 injectors

ULSD sucks nuts! i am going to start brewing my own. untill then its a 1/2 quart power service and 1 qt low ash 2 stroke per tank.

PORTER said:
Running fine in my rig. It is well worth the drive, I bet they sell plenty.

Latest posts

Back