• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project - 38 Special

I may have said it before, but this thing has to be entered in the World of Wheels before gettin' wheeled. Best in show perhaps?

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
Maybe I'm just stupid (insert joke now) but what are we looking at with the exhaust? I see that the passenger side goes under the oil pan, so what is that 180* piece for? :dunno:

That is the open headers side using an electric cutout. Adam always like them loud, I wanted the option of it being quieter. Using the Magna Flow mufflers like what is on the single seater on the exhaust out the rear side.

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
Maybe I'm just stupid (insert joke now) but what are we looking at with the exhaust? I see that the passenger side goes under the oil pan, so what is that 180* piece for? :dunno:

Don't feel stupid. I studied it for 5 minutes before I decided to ask and then you have for me. ;D

so one side is open headers and the other has a muffler? Why? Will that not create a weird sound?

Edit, Cole explained it to me. So you can choose one or the other, open or mufflers.

may be a dumshit question...but why would you ever wanna run the exhaust open when you have the choice of running it with mufflers?

maybe im not one of the cool kids....but who the hell wants to run open exhaust on the trail?

JFab said:
may be a dumshit question...but why would you ever wanna run the exhaust open when you have the choice of running it with mufflers?

maybe im not one of the cool kids....but who the hell wants to run open exhaust on the trail?
cable hill when your putting on a show open them up
160 loop close them for quite trail riding

I think the idea is for trail riding you can enjoy the sound of the engine with a mild exhaust. Get in front of a crowd and want everyone to hear it turned loose, let er go son. I like the idea, it will def. be a cool option on a crawler.

JFab said:

Because I have never owed a hotrod, and always wanted one. Always wanted to hear the motor. But, not on trail rides. The electric cutouts gives me the ability to do either.

John Galbreath Jr. said:
Because I have never owed a hotrod, and always wanted one. Always wanted to hear the motor. But, not on trail rides. The electric cutouts gives me the ability to do either.

Fair enough man...let her eat! :dblthumb:

I just don't see this buggy getting beat on. Hell I don't see how you could bring yourself to wheel it and mess it up.

purple jeep was very nice at one point...
it wasn't as nice as the 38 but i think it will get beat to an extent

shop44085.jpg

Amazing...

John, I think you need a full studio photoshoot for this thing when it's completed. I know a guy... thumb.gif

Latest posts