• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CTD Fuel economy

well, the nitrous is what caused the explosion.. If it wasn't there, it wouldn't have happened.. Same thing happened with Hoss' red rocket. It blew the stacks clean off the truck..

If the stacks (exhaust) blew off the truck it was from un-burnt fuel in the exhaust.

The nitrous can not catch fire...therfore it can not explode. It can only help facilitate the concentration of oxygen.

06 quad cab, 4x4, 3.73's, long bed, 245 70 17's, 6spd. I get 15-17 mixed driving. I have the Edge juice w/attitude and I always run it on kill.

If the stacks (exhaust) blew off the truck it was from un-burnt fuel in the exhaust.

The nitrous can not catch fire...therfore it can not explode. It can only help facilitate the concentration of oxygen.

But because of the concentration of oxygen by the nitrous it was the catalyst for the diesel to ignite that normaly wouldn't....

What is DELO?

Use Delo 400, and fleet guard filters. I'd change the oil on the same intervals as you would on a gas engine... cheap insurance... Also, change your fuel filter often... I'd do it every other oil change

But because of the concentration of oxygen by the nitrous it was the catalyst for the diesel to ignite that normaly wouldn't....

We're getting there...again though, O2 is not flammable, neither is the nitrous.

The O2 & diesel are required to cause something to explode.

The nitrous will only concentrate the O2 causing a faster more powerful burn, or a bigger explosion causing more parts to **** :redneck:

We're getting there...again though, O2 is not flammable, neither is the nitrous.

The nitrous will only concentrate the O2 causing a faster more powerful burn, or a bigger explosion causing more parts to **** :redneck:

meaning, none of these explosions would occur if the nitrous wasn't in the mix... But any way you look at it.. it wasn't a backfire.

1st. Engine oil. Same as gas engine? Does it get dirtier faster? How often do you change yours? The PO said he did his every 5K. Best guess on when it's really time to change? Visual wise. PO also said he changed the fuel filter every 10K.

I use Rotella. Since there's so much more oil capacity than a gasser, I've been told there's no problems with changing oil every 7500 miles. Each time I've done the oil since, it hasn't visually looked bad at all, so for now I'm somewhat confident with that until someone specifically tells me different...

For the fuel filter, don't know. I have the FASS fuel system that I believe has a different set of perameters for changing...

:cheer: :cheer:

meaning, none of these explosions would occur if the nitrous wasn't in the mix... But any way you look at it.. it wasn't a backfire.

If the stacks blew off the truck...it was a backfire.

A backfire is the same whether gas or diesel...unburnt fuel in the exhaust that is ignited, it only has one way to go.

How did all that unburnt fuel get into the exhuast? Injectors...stacked boxes...?

It really doesn't have anything to do with nitrous...cars and trucks backfire all the time that don't have it, it may be more rare for diesels but when when EGT's get high enough with enough unburnt fuel in the exhaust it will happen.

"2nd: What is the oil filter looking thing that is on the turbo side of the engine? It has a (I think) pressure hose going into the back of the Turbo. Back meaning the side closest to the firewall. Is it normal for this item to look like its leaking from the top? Leaking enough to leave spots on the driveway. If not, how the heck do I fix it?" :wtf:

I didn't get a rsponse to this, and it looks like it is leaking worse now: bigger spots on parking spot. Thoughts? Ideas? Help?

"2nd: What is the oil filter looking thing that is on the turbo side of the engine? It has a (I think) pressure hose going into the back of the Turbo. Back meaning the side closest to the firewall. Is it normal for this item to look like its leaking from the top? Leaking enough to leave spots on the driveway. If not, how the heck do I fix it?" :wtf:

I didn't get a rsponse to this, and it looks like it is leaking worse now: bigger spots on parking spot. Thoughts? Ideas? Help?

Well the 24s have their oil filter on the passenger side right in front of the turbo....

Well the 24s have their oil filter on the passenger side right in front of the turbo....

Let me see if I can describe it better:

Facing to the back of the engine compartment, the turbo is on your left, passenger side of engine. This filter (I'm guessing) in more towards the front of the engine and Turbo. It does have a pressure hose (guessing again that it is a pressure hose) that runs from the top to the rear of the turbo. It's only like a 12-16" hose. This filter looks like it attaches to an overhang from the engine, not direct to the block like I've seen most oil filters connect.

Does this help? I'm not ready to give up on this truck just yet. Heck, I've only had it for a week. This seems like minor issue, except if it is the oil filter, it might just need tightening, I don't want the entire contents of my oil pan on the road and me with a busted engine. I do know that's not a good thing.

Let me see if I can describe it better:

Facing to the back of the engine compartment, the turbo is on your left, passenger side of engine. This filter (I'm guessing) in more towards the front of the engine and Turbo. It does have a pressure hose (guessing again that it is a pressure hose) that runs from the top to the rear of the turbo. It's only like a 12-16" hose. This filter looks like it attaches to an overhang from the engine, not direct to the block like I've seen most oil filters connect.

Does this help? I'm not ready to give up on this truck just yet. Heck, I've only had it for a week. This seems like minor issue, except if it is the oil filter, it might just need tightening, I don't want the entire contents of my oil pan on the road and me with a busted engine. I do know that's not a good thing.

You just described the 24v's oil filter. Try tightening it.

Latest posts

Back