• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Popo at evans

Time to school y'all on the NW forest pass. It is also known as a "Day use pass" and is for parking at trailheads and campgrounds or picnic sites. IT IS ONLY REQUIRED IF YOU ARE PARKING AND LEAVING YOUR VEHICLE AT ONE OF THESE LOCATIONS. It is NOT required if you're just driving into and out of the area without stopping to recreate sans vehicle. Let me rephrase that... I don't care what Johnny Ranger or Deputy Dan tells you, IT IS NOT REQUIRED TO WHEEL EVAN'S. I'd link a page stating this but the Feds have fawked up their website once again and I can't find the info. I did find the page listing Evan's as requiring it for trailhead parking.

Just for verification I'm sending an email to the Baker/Snoq district to ask for clarification of the rules and requirements. Will report back...

pokey said:
the forest pass has only been in effect for a couple of years
It's been in effect for more than a couple years, nearly 10 that I can remember. Now it's application at Evans' mabye, but it's existed elsewhere for quite a while now.

2pwrlftrs4u said:
you were not too happy that day you got pulled over o your way/way back to evans :flipoff:
:wtf: are you talking aboot? I've been pulled over more times than I can count in the '86 but never got a ticket save that blown headlight that the Black Diamond cop was being a **** about. What the hell am I going to do about a headlight that blew on Sunday evening? Parts stores are closed, can't do jack til the morning but the fawker gave me a fix-it ticket anyways. :rolleyes:

pokey said:
correct. Its the NW forest pass and you need one to use ANY trail hiking biking or wheeling in region 6 of the pacific NW (forest service lands) 80% of the fee goes back to the area it was bought for so it mostly stays local. although they dont enforce it as much you need the same pass in the Naches and CleElum districts as well.

Show me where that is stated...

Originally Posted by pokey
correct. Its the NW forest pass and you need one to use ANY trail hiking biking or wheeling in region 6 of the pacific NW (forest service lands) 80% of the fee goes back to the area it was bought for so it mostly stays local. although they dont enforce it as much you need the same pass in the Naches and CleElum districts as well.

What you said. I have never seen anything stating you had to have a pass to use the orv areas.... And I have "never" had one on my toy....

crash said:

What you said. I have never seen anything stating you had to have a pass to use the orv areas.... And I have "never" had one on my toy....

Its a "trails" pass and mt baker is the only one I know that really pushes it on us. However check around this site for more information you will be suprised to know where you should have one.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/passespermits/index.shtml

crash said:

http://www.fs.fed.us/passespermits/

EDIT..Pokey beat me to it.

crash said:
says May be required........
As I already said, I have shot an email off to the proper contact and will report back what they tell me. Until then there isn't much point in any of us arguing over it.

crash said:
says May be required........

Im starting to see why your wearing the helmet:redneck: As I said mt baker is the only place that really pushes it and the signs are on every trailhead and parking area. The other forests in region 6 can apply the rule if so desired but only have in select areas. If you look at the list you will see Manashtash camground(buck meadows) and riders camp listed. If their not enforcing it then consider yourself lucky so far.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/passespermits/sites-okanogan-wenatchee-nfs.shtml

You forget Mike I was there at the table when they started making this stuff up. We had a real difficult time dealing with mt baker because they have such a heavy use from the population here. They need every dime they can get. Some of the other forests dont have as heavy of usage and are able to get by without enforcing the program. Also consider that it costs them money to staff for enforcment and some forests just dont see the profit margin as mt baker does(more people using trails)

skrause said:
As I already said, I have shot an email off to the proper contact and will report back what they tell me. Until then there isn't much point in any of us arguing over it.

:flipoff: :flipoff:

I agree with skrause, Its always been my understanding you only need a forest pass to PARK at the trailhead. Only your tow rig needs the forest pass, thats why they hang on the rearview mirror. Not every mountain biker/motorcycle rider/quad rider has a forst pass taped to their helmet!:wtf:

Brent

83yota said:
I agree with skrause, Its always been my understanding you only need a forest pass to PARK at the trailhead. Only your tow rig needs the forest pass, thats why they hang on the rearview mirror. Not every mountain biker/motorcycle rider/quad rider has a forst pass taped to their helmet!:wtf:

Brent

again, $5.00 for the day or deal w/ getting a POSIBLE ticket?

I always have spent the freaking $5.00 to avoid the hassle & how are you going to explain it to the courts? like now, POKEY or others don't even Have a straight & narrow path to the end results... which hence - $5.00 solve's it.

83yota said:

Brent

every offroadr / citizen is required to have a WA state ID - so i guess the pass could go in the wallet. don't know about swimmers though...:haha:

Last time I was up at Evans, I was waiting for some folks and the FS rep came by and we started chatting ...

I asked him about the "use pass", since I trailer, presumably I might need *2* (one for the tow rig, one for the wheeler ???).
He said it was only needed for vehicles parked, and it should be displayed there.

Also, I'm sure some of ya know that a yearly pass can be had for $30 (instead of $5 per day) ... AND, sometimes a sponsored cleanup/WORK PARTY can net you a yearly pass for FREE ... (The wazuks got about 10 or so for participating in a cleanup).

Latest posts

Back