• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Popo at evans

Having seen a friend in a moderately lifted full size blazer turn a hatchback into 2 seater pickup truck of sorts after rear ending one, I have mixed feelings.

The steel bumper was at head height of the (cars) driver and passenger about 3" away from the back of they're heads. This was at about 35 mph moving speed best guess. Imagine if he had killed them? That is not to say they would not die just from the weight difference alone or other from other medical reasons.

I guess I will add this: In addition to the attention and careful driving I do on the street in a "normal" passenger vehicle, when driving something big, lifted or both, I take extra strides to prevent accidents or at least running into a small weak tin vehicle. I really hope all of you do as well, which to be honest, I am surprised at the level of responsibility most members here seem to portray in subjects related to safety and trail care.

My personal opinion is this: If your (illegal) high vehicle causes additional injury in an accident you created then you are at a greater fault and therefore should be ticketed. If you are driving defensively and are not causing problems, accidents on public roads or driving through the neighborhood golf course (tempting as it may be) I would vote to leave wheelers alone. We have far to many real criminals for police to be tied up writing tickets for trival things. I would far rather see them pulling over DUI offenders or hassling sex offenders than height or fender-offenders.

CrustyJeep said:
WHAT??? :haha: You gotta post the RCW to this, that is too funny :haha:
I can't find it since it is pre-'75 and not on the web, but if you google it there are a lot of laws just like that one.

crash said:
Your fired :D

Alright I'll list a few that I do have the RCW for.

No person may walk about in public if he or she has the common cold. RCW 70.54.050

X-rays may not be used to fit shoes. RCW 70.98.170

One may not spit on a bus. SMC 12A.12.040 Disorderly conduct

You may not carry a concealed weapon that is over six feet in length. (Seattle Law)

and my favorite:

When two trains come to a crossing, neither shall go until the other has passed.

• # In Seattle, women who sit on men's laps on buses or trains without placing a pillow between them face an automatic 6 months in jail.
  • # It is illegal to pretend one's parents are rich.
  • # In the state of Washington there is a law against having sex with a virgin under any circumstances. (Including the wedding night.)

Glenn said:
  • # In Seattle, women who sit on men's laps on buses or trains without placing a pillow between them face an automatic 6 months in jail.
  • # It is illegal to pretend one's parents are rich.
  • # In the state of Washington there is a law against having sex with a virgin under any circumstances. (Including the wedding night.)

Those are hilarious, but worthless without verification [rcw, etc] :flipoff:

In case anyone was planning a snow run up at Evan's Creek this winter...

It will be closed from Nov 1 - May 15th. The FS is going to shut it down every winter to control erosion/resource damage. :booo:

The roads & motorcycle trails will be open year round, but the 4x4 trails will be off limits

Apparently, this has always been the rule...it was just never enforced

dirk said:
In case anyone was planning a snow run up at Evan's Creek this winter...

It will be closed from Nov 1 - May 15th. The FS is going to shut it down every winter to control erosion/resource damage. :booo:

The roads & motorcycle trails will be open year round, but the 4x4 trails will be off limits

Apparently, this has always been the rule...it was just never enforced

That makes zereo sense--how can they close down an ORV park to one user but not another? Evey place that I have ever seen closed down its been for all users not a select few..

from the meeting tonight.

It has something to do with what the trails are. they are all old unmaintained roads and there is a large list of roads that are seasonally closed in the area. The trails are on this list and have been since 1996 but now they are saying they are going to enforce it. For the most part the mc trails don't get used when there is snow on them. I know that they still see some use but they are not considered roads at all.

A few things were brought up. Suggestions to making all roads from the 1st staging area to the bottom of the 519 part of the roads to trails program. Basically then they don't maintain the roads but it allows orv use. The other idea is the adopt a trail thing that elbe is trying. The parks are managed by different agencies but the NF rep seemed to like the idea.

Last edited:
crash said:
That makes zereo sense--how can they close down an ORV park to one user but not another? Evey place that I have ever seen closed down its been for all users not a select few..
I am with you Crash its total BS. All or nothing.:mad:

crash said:
how can they close down an ORV park to one user but not another?

I don't even think Evan's Creek is recognized as a special use area! If it was, the managment rules would be different. Technically, it is an old growth owl preserve...

:wtf:

You would think that somewhere along the way it would have been designated as an official ORV area...with special rules to help guide the FS in managing such a unique area :mad:

426rider said:
from the meeting tonight.

It has something to do with what the trails are. they are all old unmaintained roads and there is a large list of roads that are seasonally closed in the area. The trails are on this list and have been since 1996 but now they are saying they are going to enforce it. For the most part the mc trails don't get used when there is snow on them. I know that they still see some use but they are not considered roads at all.

A few things were brought up. Suggestions to making all roads from the 1st staging area to the bottom of the 519 part of the roads to trails program. Basically then they don't maintain the roads but it allows orv use. The other idea is the adopt a trail thing that elbe is trying. The parks are managed by different agencies but the NF rep seemed to like the idea.

Adopt a trail would work, but we are dealing with different agencies here.

Elbe is State parks. Evans is Federal land.

426rider said:
Exactly what I said in my last sentence:)

All of the trails were once under an adopt a trail system by differant clubs we even had signs made up with names for all the trails (102 was the ugly snake from the good bad & ugly and timber rattlers ) at some point the FS took down all the signs and that system went away. Arlene might have more info as to why and when.

dirk said:
I don't even think Evan's Creek is recognized as a special use area! If it was, the managment rules would be different. Technically, it is an old growth owl preserve...

evans is known as a special use area that alows for ORV use.

All the chit chat and crying about getting tickets for non street legal vehicles should be dryed up. You all know the rules on driving, why cry when ya get a ticket for something that we all know is not allowed.

I'm pretty sure we all know the rules on street legal vehicle requirements. Stop complaining about it.

Latest posts

Back